Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

cyberpunkdreams - text-based free-to-play RPG set in 2092 Cincinnati

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://cyberpunkdreams.com

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...nkdreams_announced_with_trailer_free_beta.php

30 JULY 2020 - Late Night Games are happy to announce their upcoming interactive fiction RPG, cyberpunkdreams, with a debut trailer and beta sign-up wait-list.

cyberpunkdreams is a text-based, free-to-play RPG set across the sprawling city of Cincinnati, 2092 – a city of glistening corporate towers, urban decay and little in-between. Players arrive stripped of their memories, with no more than a weapon strapped to their belt and a singular objective echoing around their head.

A follow-on from the successfully Kickstarted illustrated short fiction collection cyberpunkdreams: cincinnati stories, this new interactive adventure aims to be accessible for both veterans of the genre, as well as those looking to experience dystopian interactive fiction for the first time, in a world just around the corner from our own.

Players can sign up to join the beta of cyberpunkdreams right now via the official website to not only be the first to enter the city's walls, but also unlock exclusive items reserved only for pre-launch players.

Choice and opportunity are at the heart of this evolving adventure, with a staggering 1.5 million words of content ready to explore and new stories planned each month alongside limited-time in-game events.

Creator and author Rob Chant said, "cyberpunkdreams has been in development since 2013, so I'm incredibly excited about the beta release. Having a growing community of players will make a huge difference to ongoing development over the coming months and years.

"Players can expect a visceral, uncompromising and deep experience. The game rewards exploration, risk-taking and, more than anything else, serious role playing – making in-character decisions even when they're against your better judgement."

Players can sign up for the free beta of cyberpunkdreams here. The full release of the game will include optional microtransactions.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmm, could be interesting. Being text based opens up interesting avenues for different systemic approaches.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Yes, it seems like it's in fact your average browser free-to-play which just happens to have a Steam page, you need to register and log on their site and you can buy credits to "use [...] in-game to refresh your actions", I won't register nor check further but I think there's nothing to see here, unfortunately.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yes, it seems like it's in fact your average browser free-to-play which just happens to have a Steam page, you need to register and log on their site and you can buy credits to "use [...] in-game to refresh your actions", I won't register nor check further but I think there's nothing to see here, unfortunately.
Yeah,was looking forward to it,but it ended up just another browser garbage,shame.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
yeah i got email notification and got quite confused what is this crap doing on my wishlist

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom