Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
And here I thought CA understood the setting.
J5O-VjaxgabGeRd5mCXCiAZVjKZWEymR6NWNne4aev6PFanD8t2_FrbOB_B3dDWXC0Gb_F8dzsIjnGXv3v9VlS4y1UHt6EEuEn2UcGT6UhAvIVYt7LlHdQoJOkEIqGT_31NvvdNZqR0S

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Kislev the only new faction being added? I guess they did run out of those by the end of WH2. A bunch of factions and LLs need reworks, though. Also, is there a canonical winner in WH2? Which LLs managed to complete their campaigns?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Kislev the only new faction being added? I guess they did run out of those by the end of WH2. A bunch of factions and LLs need reworks, though. Also, is there a canonical winner in WH2? Which LLs managed to complete their campaigns?

I do not think that there is a real "time-progression" between the games.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

WH3 will have at least Kislev, Ogres, Daemons and Cathay at the start with Chaos Dwarves extremely likely to be added later.

Lacrymas

Arcane

All 3 games take place at the same time?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

yes an no. The setting in itself does not progress from game to game, what changes is the scenario you play in.

Lacrymas

Arcane

yes an no. The setting in itself does not progress from game to game, what changes is the scenario you play in.
Isn't the Mortal Empires campaign basically a combination of the WH1 and 2 campaigns? That led me to believe they take place at the same time and then WH3 takes place after that during a Chaos invasion.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

Isn't the Mortal Empires campaign basically a combination of the WH1 and 2 campaigns? That led me to believe they take place at the same time and then WH3 takes place after that during a Chaos invasion.

The chaos incursion has already happened in the WH 1 campaign, from what I can expect (if WH2 is anything to go by) the whole thing will be mostly a map extention and gameplay update rather than any progress in the time line.

CA has definitely confirmed that the third game does not take place during the end-times, ergo the warhammer apocalypse excuse to sell fantasy space marines

Lacrymas

Arcane
I like how the entire Total War Warhammer franchise is DLC for itself. Genius. Too bad some factions and LLs get shafted harder than others.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
There is no consistent timeline in the games. Many legendary lords shouldn't be alive at the same time like they are in the game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
That was expected, seeing as they've barely talked about this game. It's better for them to take a while to fix issues and rethink sieges another dozen times than to release this rushed with no hope of fixing anything later.

tabacila

Augur
Oh I agree, it's a good move knowing their release history, but their whole PR scheme for WH3 has been quite crappy.

They showed off a cinematic trailer in February and then spent a couple of months showing off those weird incursion battle. Mostly they had to reassure players that those are not standard battles and we'll probably just play them once or twice during a Vortex like campaign.
Then they dragged their feet with the lackluster reveal of the Kislev (waaaay too many bears) and Khorne (lots of variants of the same units coz there's a reason all Deamons were combined in a single book in 8th edition) roster only to then shut up for almost two months to mainly push the Troy Steam release.
People were foaming at the mouth on their social media once September started for any WH3 news only to get this.

zapotec

Liturgist
The delay happened because they still waiting for the player turn in mortal empires 3.0

Lacrymas

Arcane
Eh, probably not. It will still suffer from the painful endgame, doomstacks consisting of 20 of the same units, and tremendously unbalanced factions. The best they could do is keep those things at bay for as long as possible.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Any reason they haven't implemented a point system for army compositions yet? It seems like a no-brainer to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom