Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
Oh my god what's the fucking point of a mount when you can't mount up in Drezen and get around quickly. Goddamn mounts suck.
That's why I decided against making a Cavalier. Too much of a hassle to mount and dismount in various locations.

So it's been awhile since I played Kingmaker and I don't feel like reinstalling to check this. Could enemies walk through each other in that game? I am failing to see the point in positioning myself while indoors if enemies can just walk through not just walls but each other.

They don't seem to in Wrath. It isn't exactly like a grid so movement can still occur in situations where it wouldn't if you were playing PnP. But I have seen enemies get jammed up in doorways before and have used it to my advantage.

From what I can tell, this works the way it does in PnP, occasional wonkiness aside. Characters (both player controlled and NPCs) can move freely through other characters friendly to them, they just can't end their turn in a occupied position (a square in PnP). This is why doorways can still be used as bottlenecks, just park your guys on one side and only a couple of enemies will be able to reach them at a time. Others will have to wait for space in the front to clear up - they can't move through the doorway as your characters are blocking their movement, but they can't attack them either as that would mean ending their turn sharing position with their own frontliners.

Exception to this is charging. That should not be possible even through friendly characters. but I'm pretty sure it is in the game. But then charging has bigger issues than that right now.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
10% per day of his total.

Yes, it is. I figured it out by reloading, must have missed the tip. Thank you very much!

Still, I think a little +7/+8/+9 on the side of the power bar would be better solution.
The UI and general asset reuse in the HoMM mode is terrible. I say this as someone who especially values good UI in games. The worst thing is that once it's rolled out of the door, no developer will ever spend money on improving it. The motto of every big company today is "you will learn to use an ever shittier UI, and you will like it."

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Oh my god what's the fucking point of a mount when you can't mount up in Drezen and get around quickly. Goddamn mounts suck.
That's why I decided against making a Cavalier. Too much of a hassle to mount and dismount in various locations.

Purely for combat a mount can be useful but in every other situation it is just a liability. Can't use it to get around faster but still HAVE to take it with you everywhere so if you forget to select both it and your MC have fun waiting for the thing to saunter up to the zone exit you just clicked. Slowly.

Reinhardt

Arcane
The "stone wizard" and "black woman wizard" are your holy saviors from the Darkness of Crusade System, so they deserve to be mentioned by names - Setsuna Shy and Chief Ageboya.
Bullshit. I killed everything with aasimar woman general.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
An iconic post I still remember from BioWare's BG2 forum ~2000 (when BioWare was still straight).

Replying to the hundredeth time some guy asks if there will be mounts in the game:
"I plan to mount many an elf maiden during my travels".

Reinhardt

Arcane
I killed everything with aasimar woman general.

Nice! Which skill have you got on her? Could you provide a screenie? I do believe you, just want to see things done differently!
She's just your regular wizzord too.
0IbEc6O.png

AwesomeButton

Patron

Salvo

Arcane
And on that note, I've also...
On next run i will go full "fuck kween" choices. Because fuck kween. Petty jealous vain bitch.
The only queen worth my cavalier's

service is Meve, queen of Lyria and Rivia. I don't know who ripped off whom - Paizo, Owlcat or CDPR, but this is her portrait: https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Meve:_War_Hammer_(Thronebreaker_card)
A couple of Pathfinder artists also worked on Gwent, so that could be that

https://www.artstation.com/vegera (didn't make the art in the pic)

Efe

Erudite
How much power do your General recover per day? Is that recorded by the UI somewhere? I mean, I can write down her name or call her Magical Negresse just fine...
there is a general upgrade that say it improves mana regen from %30 to %50 but when i tried without it was %10 mana without upgrade

sosiel quest was bugged and never triggered him playing cards, and didnt spawn deserters at chapel but somehow his quest still had good end. you can even send him home immediately after finding his bro
trever has smite and smite chaos.. but 10 cha. he has full cleave line feats for some reason, so much wasted potential
:negative:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw i'm not even sure the game is that woke. They really portrayed lesbo/tranny pair and kween as extremelly unlikable characters. All faceloaded "stronk indy-pindy" shit was long forgotten. That dialog before Abyss when kween snaps at angel just because he dared to call Knight-Commander "OUR HOPE"...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The game is about fighting Matriarchy, on Earth, in Heaven and Hell.

In Abyss. Hell is a strict patriarchal society where Asmodeus says and everyone obeys. And Nocticula only managed to raise to the power using dirty tricks(which you can learn a bit in lich mp)

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Right, Asmodeus is specifically anti-feminist because EVIL.
Erastil as the god of conservative society is also anti-feminist and that caused a minor outrage because clearly you can't be a good guy if you want women to stay home.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Welp, looks like you don't get to bang Nocticula unless you avoid using your Demonic Rage whenever it would benefit you in conversations, and instead take the subservient option most of the time instead. Fuck that. At least I still get to rule Alushinyrra, and once she ascends to godhood I might as well take over all of the Midnight Isles.

Just for fun I tried actually killing her. Cha based 43 fortitude save or be instantly charmed/paralyzed, with no way to avoid it other than beating the roll, while she mows you down with 6+ attacks each dealing 90-120 damage. I think it is truly the smarter choice to not betray her, and not becoming her boytoy either.

Speaking of smart, all these attribute bonuses stacking gets pretty ridiculous at some point.
d1dc986cf4.jpg
ebf096e1bc.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
paid for sex

What is the option? Is this or assuming a succubi who had all types of dicks inside her and now demands love and commitment from you... Sorry but paying degrade way less. If was up to me, I would be a vampire lord and create vampire brides to serve me. That is the best option.

because EVIL.

Everything that is anti egalitarian in this game is depicted as evil. Even nobility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom