Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Caim

Arcane
Sony fanboys are always hilarious to watch sperg out. Xbox fans are a lot more chill about having their games come to PC (especially if it's through the pass system), and Nintendo fans are all like "Yes you can play our games on the PC, it's called emulation".

Viata

Arcane
Nintendo fans are all like "Yes you can play our games on the PC, it's called emulation".
Despite the fact they went mad when someone made a switch emulator:
image.png

lightbane

Arcane
I suppose the current Nintendo generation is more whiny than previous ones to get such reaction.
The fun aprt is that the Switch is STILL the best console compared with the others.

Caim

Arcane
I suppose the current Nintendo generation is more whiny than previous ones to get such reaction.
The fun aprt is that the Switch is STILL the best console compared with the others.
Mainly because it's the only one you can reliably get your hands on.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
Most internet Nintendo fans are mindless consumers who at best treat the company as a friend or worst as a religion. They will buy anything the company puts out simply because it has the Nintendo logo while in turn are outright hostile to anyone who criticizes the company. They will gladly bash companies for anti-consumer practices until Nintendo does it while ignoring any claims of being hypocrites. These people have no souls.

ferratilis

Magister
17:05 "We need to concentrate on actual product, rather than technology, architecture, or initiatives. I didn't write game engines when I was working at id software, I wrote games, and some of the technology that was in those games turned out to be reusable enough to be used for other things, but it was always driven by the product itself, and the technology was what enabled the product." Even Carmack thinks that Metaverse is bullshit lol

Strig

Learned

I'm usually not a big fan of these "HD remasters", there's always a misstep or ten. Here everything looks like it's smeared with vaseline and waiting for Baratus to fist it violently. While such reflections would be fine on wet surfaces in a thunderstorm the interiors should be more grimy. Now it just obnoxiously screams "look at my fucking PBR textures in þis ye olde game".

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/...-turtle-chapulin-colorado-arrives-in-fortnite

AS FAST AS A TURTLE, CHAPULÍN COLORADO ARRIVES IN FORTNITE!
By The Fortnite Team
Hold on to your seat! As you suspected from the beginning, on November 1 Chapulín Colorado arrives in Fortnite to defend us all!

The world’s greatest comedic superhero on international TV is celebrating his 51st anniversary by joining the battle in Fortnite. First created by Roberto Gómez Bolaños, Chapulín Colorado carries himself as a superhero with a heart of gold. With his power to teleport, ability to detect danger with his antennae, and his super gadgets, he’s always ready to save us all. Chapulín's clumsiness but with good intentions is what made him so loved in every household in Latin America and beyond.

¡SÍGANME LOS BUENOS!

Chapulín represents the everyday hero in all of us, and soon you can be that hero too with his unique item Set. So be ready to save the day!

I will now play your game.

Last edited:
https://flexiblehead.blog/2014/02/16/st-brides-school/

A sojourn into games journalism, this piece, The Mystery of St Bride’s, was for the Retro section of GamesTM magazine, and was published in issue #142. It was reprinted in slightly revised form in the November 2020 issue of Retro Gamer.

The feature is an investigation into St Bride’s School, a fetishistic institution offering Victorian schoolgirl-style holidays for women in the early 1980s, which somehow had a sideline in publishing text adventure computer games. Researching this was real down-the-rabbit-hole stuff: the more I found out, the stranger it got. There was a bit of back-and-forth in the edit between my interest in what happened to the women operating the school after it closed, and the magazine’s (not unreasonable) desire to stay as focused on the games as possible. What follows is my own preferred draft. Scans of the feature as it appeared in the magazine are at the end of the page.

p5WVnyk.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom