Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Hobknobling

Learned

I think LGR was the first channel I ever subscribed to. I think I watched his videos for over ten years, but had to unsubscribe because the quality dropped too much. He started doing way too many unscripted 30-40 minute videos which were basically purchase showcases for obsolete tech.

catfood

AGAIN

I think LGR was the first channel I ever subscribed to. I think I watched his videos for over ten years, but had to unsubscribe because the quality dropped too much. He started doing way too many unscripted 30-40 minute videos which were basically purchase showcases for obsolete tech.
Same. I don't give a shit about some obscure zip drive writer from 2001 or whatever. I watched him for the game reviews.

Squid

Arbiter

Yeah that's fair. I mean, I still like his content sometimes but it's only when I'm actually interested in the obsolete tech. I get that he's probably not that into video games anymore and it's unfortunate to name your channel after something you're largely not too passionate about anymore. Dude seems like a cool guy and all but I just don't care to watch every video about his tech purchases unless he's doing something interesting with it or the tech personally interests me.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I, on the other hand, love all those random obscure retro tech videos (i'm also subscribed to this "LGR Blerbs" channel where he does more random unscripted stuff) :-P. There are many retro gaming channels out there nowadays anyway that go into much deeper details than LGR ever did.

Vatnik Wumao

Same. I don't give a shit about some obscure zip drive writer from 2001 or whatever. I watched him for the game reviews.
I wish that YT would just allow you to tweak your subscription to take into account only this or that playlist on that channel. You already can save a playlist made by another channel and it does get updated with vids that are added by its creator, but then you won't get any notifications when it happens.

It's really annoying imho since there are a few TV programs that are available on YT that I would like to keep up on, but subscribing to a TV channel's YT channel just means getting spammed with all their uploads which are plenty and frequent.

Hobknobling

Learned

I wish that YT would just allow you to tweak your subscription to take into account only this or that playlist on that channel. You already can save a playlist made by another channel and it does get updated with vids that are added by its creator, but then you won't get any notifications when it happens.

It's really annoying imho since there are a few TV programs that are available on YT that I would like to keep up on, but subscribing to a TV channel's YT channel just means getting spammed with all their uploads which are plenty and frequent.

The YouTube subscription tools are fucking terrible overall. YouTube can't even tell what you have already watched. It is pathetic.

toughasnails

I appreciate the aesthetics and atmosphere that game pulled out across various stages, it's like a coattail of classic horror imagery. But I could never have fun with the game itself, the combat just feels p floaty and unsatisfying. It's hard to even explain it until someone has played the game bc it can look perfectly good in videos with her p much dancing around and body parts flying.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have played the game but i liked it, so... :-P. I do remember it being a bit floaty in cases but not to the point i disliked it.

Also, unrelated, but Ahoy just posted a great (and most in-depth i've seen) video on trackers and tracker music:

Lizard

Learned
I appreciate the aesthetics and atmosphere that game pulled out across various stages, it's like a coattail of classic horror imagery. But I could never have fun with the game itself, the combat just feels p floaty and unsatisfying. It's hard to even explain it until someone has played the game bc it can look perfectly good in videos with her p much dancing around and body parts flying.
I just started replaying it because of the update. It is definitely floaty, she just kind of literally floats around while you're attacking if you're moving at the same time. The combos seem to be partially random too, there is a move she does randomly that just one shots most enemies. Weirdly enough, the most stiff thing is her jump. Don't know if I'm gonna finish it again. However, playing it makes me hope the people who have the IP now can figure out a better action combat system and flesh out the horror agency stuff from Nocturne. I could definitely go for some stuff that is cheesy, but not constantly self deprecating wink wink nudge nudge modern bs.

R@tmaster

Educated
I don't know if already mentioned but I like this guy's channel. He makes lists of upcoming rpg/strategy/simulation games. I didn't play 99% of games he mentions, but nice to know that they exist.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Video about how SEGA is started as an American gambling company in Hawaii that probably had Yakuza connections after moving to Japan. Real eye-opener about Japan since I didn't know gaming and gambling were under the same classification of ''immoral activity'' under their gambling laws. Channel seems to be a gaming channel which covers unknown / lesser known stuff in documentary format.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom