Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

flyingjohn

Arcane

One of the worst deus ex conspiracy analysis videos i have ever seen.
Skims over anything worth talking and starts applying liberal garbage thoughts the moment there is a ounce of interest.
Being this wrong and useless must be a art form.

Worse than Chris Davis take?

Davis was obnoxious but at least he didn't say this:
"The world of deus ex is optimistic because the billionaires that control everything are artists or have a vision".
Yeah,billions dead,the economy ruined and fascism implemented are all fine because the ruling class are "muh artists".
Also he can't grasp what the grey death represents.It is meant to be a real/fake scapegoat to implement further measure, not to be taken literally.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Only 3 hours for the whole saga?
Surely some YTbers would create few hours long videos for each entry if they wanted...

Last edited:

pickmeister

Learned

Only 3 hours for the whole saga?
Surely some YTbers would create few hours long videos for each entry if they wanted...

Don't worry. I am convinced Joseph Anderson is gonna do a 20+ hour video essay right after the Witcher. Can't wait to find out that Kain dying and becoming a vampire is a continuity problem.

Riskbreaker

One problem with dealing with this stuff, that makes it so frustrating - he's a posthumanist coming from Bataille, Land, Deleuze - is that it is so out of the ordinary man's norm that, if you try to confront them with it, they can only read it as a joke, or you as insane or engaged in malicious misrepresentation. Its radical heterogeneity is its defense for, being so outside the everyday categories, it cannot be integrated and faced within them. It might as well not be - and yet it acts. There's this fun story you sometimes see passed online, how the natives couldn't see Magellan's ships "visible" on the horizon, so outside their experience were they. It's silly, but it makes the point.
Not that there's anything that can be done anyway. But you cannot not care, you sometimes might want to scream even. One of his type's idols, Bataille, speaks in one text of killing that in him that screamed and cried. Few can. I can't.

toughasnails

"The world of deus ex is optimistic because the billionaires that control everything are artists or have a vision".
Yeah,billions dead,the economy ruined and fascism implemented are all fine because the ruling class are "muh artists".
If he actually believed anything like that, and I doubt he does, he would be closer to someone like Ayn Rand. Which would make him right wing, not liberal as you seem to think...

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got Deathtrap Dungeon from Steam years ago, i remember it from a magazine review back in the day (though i do not remember what the review verdict was about). It was neat though i didn't progress much as i got stuck at some point. Got it from GOG later with the goal of trying to finish it properly.

One thing i remember is that when you start the game if you keep walk forward your moves are almost synchronized with the music and you avoid pretty much all hazards for a bit :-P.

I didn't watch the video as i avoid videos for games i haven't finished but still plan to at some point, but it gave me an incentive to play it soon, so i'll watch it after i finish the game. Perhaps i'll also try and see if i can get it to run on the P3 with the Voodoo 3 i have here.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

One of the worst deus ex conspiracy analysis videos i have ever seen.
Skims over anything worth talking and starts applying liberal garbage thoughts the moment there is a ounce of interest.
Being this wrong and useless must be a art form.

Worse than Chris Davis take?

Also he can't grasp what the grey death represents.It is meant to be a real/fake scapegoat to implement further measure, not to be taken literally.

What a shame

Warlockcracy looked like a decent channel but I guess his descent deep down started rather early.

Gotta check the video myself. I have seen a couple of little red flags from him before but not too deep yet

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
So I watched the video.
Vax shilling is disgusting.
A lot of commie speak.
But the line above is not the same. The "artist" in question is Morgan Everett, and considering that allying with him is one of the endings...

But the idea is that people like Everett are "artists". RL billionaires like Bezos are nothing of that sort

Can't say that I'm agree completely but it is an interesting thought.

toughasnails

RL billionaires like Bezos are nothing of that sort
This always struck me as cope tbh...
It is always easier to assume that ones with power, if they seem to have fundamentally different worldview, are incompetent, uncreative, don't deserve to be there, are just the cogs in some impersonal machine... We all want to be the overmen, nobody wants to be the resentful slave.

In the case of the silicon valley types, I'd say that there is definitely a vision there for the future of man and earth and goals outside the pursuit of capital. These people would likely consider themselves artistic and creative, probably go to Burning Man, take psychedelics, are into transhumanism and so on.

pickmeister

Learned
Nah. They're nothing but empty husks hungry for more power not even realizing they're slaving away to someone else's agenda. If they were something else, they'd be quickly unpersoned.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
First? major TC project on FO2 engine.
Last Hope was first.

Haven't played it though. Is it good?

I would say yes, albet bit edgy sometimes. Sounds like a proper post-apo attidue, weird that most games in that setting feels too nice in general. That goes to the list of "things westerners can't do right"...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom