Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Did Wing Commander start the game romances trend?

Ladonna

Arcane
I believe Siulajia is the original western waifu. That makes Treasures of the Savage Frontier the first cRPG with some kind of romantic ontent. Not counting weeb shit.

Siulajia.png

And Jarbarkas for the ladies.

Jarbarkas.png

Ultima: Savage Empire had a romance in it with the main chick.

iu

We'll never see another Aryan Avatar again :sigh:

Falksi

Arcane
The more interesting question is whether WC3 was the first game to let you choose one of multiple romance options.
Was WC3 the game that had FMV of real actors, one of whom was Mark Hamill? Funny how much I remember about that game, but I don't remember romance. I only remember Angel from the previous games, and I think she must have been in WC3 because she was a recurring character. I guess I need to go do some reading to remind myself of what was in the game.

Was there a Wing Commander game that forced you to lose the war regardless of how well you flew?

You literally got to pick which of the two ladies sitting at the bar you wanted to smooch. The other one would then storm off in a huff if you hadn't politely let her down first. :lol: Also one of them was Ginger Lynn.

That's pretty hot to be fair.

But then again, anything with Mark Hammill in is hot. :bounce:

Arbiter

Scholar
The more interesting question is whether WC3 was the first game to let you choose one of multiple romance options.
Was WC3 the game that had FMV of real actors, one of whom was Mark Hamill? Funny how much I remember about that game, but I don't remember romance. I only remember Angel from the previous games, and I think she must have been in WC3 because she was a recurring character. I guess I need to go do some reading to remind myself of what was in the game.

Was there a Wing Commander game that forced you to lose the war regardless of how well you flew?

You literally got to pick which of the two ladies sitting at the bar you wanted to smooch. The other one would then storm off in a huff if you hadn't politely let her down first. :lol: Also one of them was Ginger Lynn.

That's pretty hot to be fair.

But then again, anything with Mark Hammill in is hot. :bounce:

Imagine mutually exclusive choices in modern games. It is like not being able to be the head of mage guild, fighters' guild, thieves' guild and Dark Brotherhood at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I only ever played the first one on SNES and the third one (the best?) on PC. For some reason I think the last mission was bugged so I never beat it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom