Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terminator: Resistance - from Rambo: The Video Game devs

Venser

Erudite
Terminator: Resistance Enhanced will be coming to PlayStation 5 on March 26th, 2021. All PS4 owners will get a free upgrade.

• New “Infiltrator Mode” in which players can get under the skin of a T-800 series Infiltrator unit and strike out against Resistance forces.
  • A range of visual improvements taking advantage of the PlayStation 5’s more powerful hardware, including upscaled 4K resolution and locked 60 frames per second, higher resolution textures, higher polygon counts, tessellation, improved lighting and dynamic shadows, improved post-processing (antialiasing, bloom, and more), and more detailed particle effects.
  • A variety of features new to PlayStation 5 including Game Activities which can be used to track the player’s progress in missions and trophies, DualSense adaptive triggers for weaponry, and color shifting within the DualSense light bar to reflect the player’s health.

EpXwrB0W8AAXTQs

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
A paid downloadable content expansion with new narrative content will also be available in Summer 2021 for the PlayStation 5 and PC versions of the game.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
It's good if you keep in mind it's a low budget game trying to punch above its weight.

Yep, basically this.
Think a mid 2000s/late 2000s (correct me guys when I am wrong) FPS, though no Halo two weapons-limit, or regenerative health (you need to pick up health kits and other chems), with a inventory system like that of Deus Ex or other FPS/Action-Adventures in which you have a grid representing your inventory size with items taking one or multiple slots. Ammo and single use items such as med kits and chems stack.

You also salvage stuff which you use to make items with and if I recall correctly trade.

And later when energy weapons become available you can also fit guns with collected chips that modify their capabilities such as more powerful shots, ammo, firing rate, and so on.

Levels are a mix of somewhat open ones you may visit multiple times, and single mission based ones.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's good if you keep in mind it's a low budget game trying to punch above its weight.

Yep, basically this.
Think a mid 2000s/late 2000s (correct me guys when I am wrong) FPS, though no Halo two weapons-limit, or regenerative health (you need to pick up health kits and other chems), with a inventory system like that of Deus Ex or other FPS/Action-Adventures in which you have a grid representing your inventory size with items taking one or multiple slots. Ammo and single use items such as med kits and chems stack.

You also salvage stuff which you use to make items with and if I recall correctly trade.

And later when energy weapons become available you can also fit guns with collected chips that modify their capabilities such as more powerful shots, ammo, firing rate, and so on.

Levels are a mix of somewhat open ones you may visit multiple times, and single mission based ones.
There's also quests and you can make minor choices throughout the story. Nothing mayor but you can influence the outcome for different NPC:s.

Codex Year of the Donut
Reminder that j*urnalists shit all over this game and it's currently sitting at a comfortable 92% positive review rating on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm playing the game right now, level 12, about to return to Pasadena to make photos of Skynet installations there.

I expected T:R to be a pretty basic fps about blasting killer machines, but it proved to be more of a Deus Ex lite, especially on bigger maps which always offer several options for exploration and sneaking/combat, several sidequests and some bonus areas if you can reach them.

The game (especially on higher difficulty) will quickly end you if you jump in gun blazing. It rewards careful, methodic exploration and swift, precise fire exchanges that let you conserve more ammo.

The story is pretty simple, but allows you to make some choices, hopefully with meaningful consequences down the line.

It's basically an action rpg, I've got no idea why wasn't it marketed as one.

Before playing Terminator: Resistance I rewatched the first two (and only) movies in the frachise, so I can appreciate all the fanservice. Of which there is plenty and it's very enjoyable.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And finished. Got to the level cap (level 28) before the final battle (actually, before the two final battles).

Seduced both ladies. Saved everyone from the shelter. Went back in time anyway, to fix the mistakes (I managed not to commit :-D ) because I didn't want to disappoint Connor. Fortunately, not all is gone. I still have Annihilation Line and the Infiltration dlcs to do!

Also, great fanservice until the end. The scene when Connor walks through the narrow corridors of the bunker and everyone salutes him is copied in the game 1:1 from Terminator 2. And the scene when he finally leaves the bunker with binoculars in his hand is the introduction for this shot from T2:
79582-1672652297.jpg

What a fun game! I heard their previous one, Rambo, was terrible. So those Teyon guys made tremendous progress. This only makes me more eager to play Robocop soon!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom