Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

NerevarineKing

Learned
Is this mod an accurate experience to living in Poland?

Murk

Arcane
I've been avoiding the thread to not get any spoilers, and so far (about 20ish hours in) the mod is bretttty good. There's things to bitch about if one wants, but in terms of giving a nice gothic experience, it's well done. It misses the mark on a few things, and gets a bit generic at times, but they did a good job building out the world so I'll save my gripes for later. Overall, would recommend.

One thing that's been absolutely irking me is that I cannot find the other locksmith in the city. I get instructions to look for him between fish market and the "tall house under constructions" but for the life of me I feel like I have combed every possible inch of that area and found nothing.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
One thing that's been absolutely irking me is that I cannot find the other locksmith in the city. I get instructions to look for him between fish market and the "tall house under constructions" but for the life of me I feel like I have combed every possible inch of that area and found nothing.

Yeah took me a bit to find that, it's right next door to the under construction house more or less.

Here you go:
2ReXA1q.jpg

Sheepherder

Augur
The city is great. Best vidya city in years. I got lost in it! When was the last time you got lost in a video game city? I've been going in circles, enjoying the layout, exploring every nook and cranny. It's great! Also, the voice acting for the red-head triplets is fantastic. Man, this mod might be GOTY 2021.

thesecret1

Arcane
MC just started dancing in the middle of the street with a rock song playing. Wtf was that?

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
The majority of dialogues linger of the opening "Hey, you" for 3 seconds which are non-skippable. Have anyone found a way to deal with that?

I don't know, but this annoys me as well.
Ninja edit: I don't have the voice pack installed either.
Edit 2: Because the GOG version doesn't offer them.

How badly do you screw the village if you do Petra's quests (weed/hammers/iron/spice) as opposed to fix the 'flood damage' for a way into town? I did both. I could see getting all the farmers hooked on dope causing mass starvation.

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
Tacgnol thank you sir!

edit: lol I ran by this guy a million times and thought it wasn't a store/merchant cuz he wouldn't talk to me. oh well, live n learn. IMO they should have put a sign up or something to give some idea since there's so many random "people working" NPCs that it's hard to differentiate.

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter
I spent all day playing this.

WHY IS THIS SO GOOD??
Here's what's so insane about this: this mod is actually one of two enormous Polish modifications underway set in the archipelago west of Myrtana. This team split off from the main one in 2016 to make this mod, the other is still in development

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgiqs1Ukdtk

now, whether or not the other one will ever come out, or be any good? nobody knows. but there's a possibility we're going to get another mod of this same quality at some point. just in that video I posted alone there's tons of fantastic little details that give me hope

Zariusz

Arbiter
Did anyone here got random event in city about guy who asked you about keeping certain book for 3 days? He then said that he will be waiting at some beach but i dont remember what beach since nothing appeared in my journal, what beach was that?

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
Did anyone here got random event in city about guy who asked you about keeping certain book for 3 days? He then said that he will be waiting at some beach but i dont remember what beach since nothing appeared in my journal.
Yeah, this is an unmarked quest. He will indeed be waiting for you on the beach in city near the fast travel boatman. I have no idea what this is about, may be a reference of some sort, I personally took it as a hint to try and steal items from people homes.

Sjukob

Arcane
That being said, of course I already have circle 4 as soon as it became available in chapter 4 and just shy of 400 mana.
How do you get that many mana points? You can train mana up to 60, then it becomes too expensive LP wise, then there are spirit potions, I assume you can get something like 150-200 mana out of them during the course of the game if you spend all of your king's sorrel on them. Then there's jewelry, but it doesn't increase your mana much. What else can you do to boost your mana?

notpl

Arbiter
That being said, of course I already have circle 4 as soon as it became available in chapter 4 and just shy of 400 mana.
How do you get that many mana points? You can train mana up to 60, then it becomes too expensive LP wise, then there are spirit potions, I assume you can get something like 150-200 mana out of them during the course of the game if you spend all of your king's sorrel on them. Then there's jewelry, but it doesn't increase your mana much. What else can you do to boost your mana?
Well, for starters, I have mana trained up to 70, which is the max before you gain access to the monastery I believe. It's never "too expensive" if you consider it the most important thing in the game, which you should.

You gain +5 mana for every 50 dark mushrooms you consume, including mushrooms cooked into recipes. Right now the recipes are bugged to varying degrees and don't fully credit you, so I don't recommend cooking your dark mushrooms into them, but you can still buy the cooked food from vendors (mushroom and herb broth, mushroom cutlet, mushroom stew, pickled mushrooms) and eat them to increase your total.

Some of the vintners (Ernesto and the brothel owner, specifically) carry wines that give you +1 max mana.

There's a quest in the apiary where you get to create your own honey, which gives +6 mana in total when you finish.

You can ask the water mage Patracjan to bless you in Adanos' name, giving you permanent mana each chapter.

You also gain access to a little bit of extra stuff by apprenticing with the alchemist, which I did. I'm up to 464 mana right now, mid-chapter 4

This might seem overkill, but the water mage jewelry set regens 0.5% of your maximum mana per second, so having much more mana than you need is important for keeping the engine running.

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
So I bought a golem scroll from Dima and then made several copies of them on the writing table.
Gothic2-2021-12-19-11-44-43-78.png

Time to send those fucking frogmen flying.
Gothic2-2021-12-19-11-47-43-33.png

It seems like the chances of successfully creating a scroll scale with you extraction skill, if this is true then even non mages can gain massive benefits out of it. The golem is practically invincible to the attacks of most of the creatures and kills frogmen in 3 hits, but it only lasts 3 minutes and the scroll costs 20 shards of magic ore to create.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It seems like the chances of successfully creating a scroll scale with you extraction skill, if this is true then even non mages can gain massive benefits out of it. The golem is practically invincible to the attacks of most of the creatures and kills frogmen in 3 hits, but it only lasts 3 minutes and the scroll costs 20 shards of magic ore to create.
And one arrow costs 0.5 gold.

notpl

Arbiter
So I bought a golem scroll from Dima and then made several copies of them on the writing table.
Gothic2-2021-12-19-11-44-43-78.png

Time to send those fucking frogmen flying.
Gothic2-2021-12-19-11-47-43-33.png

I don't think you can actually fail at crafting a scroll. The failures in the intro quest with riordian only apply within the quest, once you spend the LP and learn the skill then you can just make them whenever.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Started it yesterday and it seems really good so far even though the translation is rough: For example, the baker sells a "Poor Apple Pie" which according to the description is supposed to be delicious. What does the "poor" mean in this context?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Started it yesterday and it seems really good so far even though the translation is rough: For example, the baker sells a "Poor Apple Pie" which according to the description is supposed to be delicious. What does the "poor" mean in this context?

I think it means poor like commoner. As in a recipe used by plebs.

The translation seems mostly fine aside from a couple of descriptions. I did notice a couple of places where a specific NPC's name is mistranslated in chapter 3. As always though with translated games, I always wonder whether any jokes/humour are being lost.

Ravielsk

Magister

In this context probably low quality or "for poor people". In polish and slavic languages in general the word for "poor" is a very multi-functional adjective.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom