Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

Being "in good shape" and "hitting milestones" some 18 months before estimated release is not exactly a tall order.

If they're saying that 6 months before release, well that's worth noting. This, eh. You know how game development works and this isn't worth much.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Really sad what happened. Origins was actually a fucking badass game, and I would still be playing the series if they kept to the same formula. It was exactly like a AAA Baldur's Gate. Well, I would still be playing it if it wasn't for the stupid ass dialogue wheel and talking protagonist. Talking protagonist fucking kills games for me. I hate it.

Cael

Arcane
One of the drawcards of DAO is the fact that numbers are small. A level is only 3 stat points. +5 damage is massive.

And then came DA2 with the whole +44 this, +122 that.

BruceVC

Magister
This woman (?) literally has no breasts. Her chest is perfectly flat, like a table.

My nieces name is Kate. I call her Katie-Kate. Would you mind if I call you the same ?

I have to be honest. I am expecting to see hot women in DA4, like Isabella
If we dont I am going to very disappointed in Bioware and I might even express outrage ....of course I still buy DA4 but I will vent :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
This woman (?) literally has no breasts. Her chest is perfectly flat, like a table.

My nieces name is Kate. I call her Katie-Kate. Would you mind if I call you the same ?

If we dont I am going to very disappointed in Bioware and I might even express outrage ....of course I still buy DA4 but I will vent :cool:

Posting "I am expecting to see hot women" after quoting a teaser of Dragon Age 4 which shows a mulatto of unknown gender drawn in an art style that make WoW looks amazing.
:hmmm:

Shouldn't you be writing gay fanfic on the Bioware forums, sheeple?

Last edited:

BruceVC

Magister

Posting "I am expecting to see hot women" after quoting a teaser of Dragon Age 4 which shows a mulatto of unknown gender drawn in an art style that make WoW looks amazing.

Shouldn't you be writing gay fanfic on the Bioware forums, sheeple?

I have no problem with LGBT representation in Bioware games and never have. But I also expect heterosexual representation that is aesthetically pleasing

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
One of the drawcards of DAO is the fact that numbers are small. A level is only 3 stat points. +5 damage is massive.

And then came DA2 with the whole +44 this, +122 that.
They solved that in DAI by just hiding the stats, just never mind the stats.

Stats are problematic anyway.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
By the way, why the fuck did they even need to "revamp" DA: 2? I heard it was short as fuck, linear, and barely thought-out. It sounded to me more like an expansion pack than an actual game. I don't know why they didn't just refine Origins, mainly add 6 companions at a time, slightly improve graphics, and add more spells and further refine combat.

Inquisition sounds like it's an entirely different game altogether, though. I heard it's really good (not from this site, mind you). Not that I ever want to play any RPG game with a talking protagonist. The only one I could get through was Alpha Protocol and only because I'm an Obsidian fanboy.

Camel

Scholar
Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Inquisition sounds like it's an entirely different game altogether, though. I heard it's really good

It's really not good, MEA is good — but DAI is... forgettable. It's so forgettable.

It's a turkey.
MEA == Mass Effect Andromeda, right? I heard that is the worst nuBioWare game ever. I never played the MA series, though, again talking protagonist.

Also, I listened to the entire MA: I soundtrack, and it has to be up there with the worst soundtracks ever. Origins had an excellent soundtrack, but my god, Inquisition's soundtrack was just fucking shit.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Also, I listened to the entire MA: I soundtrack, and it has to be up there with the worst soundtracks ever. Origins had an excellent soundtrack, but my god, Inquisition's soundtrack was just fucking shit.

Yeah it wasn't great, much like the game itself the soundtrack was just ... forgettable. I'm not hating on DAI, it simply felt bland. The main "driving force" of the plot is a hole in the sky.

MEA == Mass Effect Andromeda, right? I heard that is the worst nuBioWare game ever.

Yes. MEA is Mass Effect Andromeda. Everything bad you've heard about MEA, actually applies to DAI. Literally everything. From bad animations, to faux MMO-like quests and so on. That's DAI.

MEA is a good game for a Mass Effect game, but if you don't play Mass Effect games, that's neither here nor there.

For fans of the original Mass Effect, MEA is actually really good.

I never played the MA series, though, again talking protagonist.

DAI has a talking protagonist, FYI

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I heard it was short as fuck, linear, and barely thought-out. It sounded to me more like an expansion pack than an actual game.
It was short, compared to DA:O, the graphics style and UI were "streamlined", and it was reusing areas for combat encounters. A warehouse somewhere may be exactly the same generic area as a sewers somewhere else.

On the positive side, it had C&C enough to get you the illusion of a much bigger tree of decisions, especially when you play it the first time (which for most people is also the last time). Bioware had decided to sacrifice breadth and width of areas for depth of C&C. It also had relationships with your party members you could develop - if you are into the trademark Bioware gay/lesbian/bi crap. The nice little idea about it was that it had these three stages and your choices carried over between them, so it was fun to experiment with the C&C.

I can see it getting revived nowadays when people care about the PnP-emulating formula in RPGs less and less, and move towards shorter games, with an emphasis on the interactive movie side of the roleplaying spectrum.

EDIT: This statement is controversial but its characters' writing is better than Obsidian's has ever been.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
I heard it was short as fuck, linear, and barely thought-out. It sounded to me more like an expansion pack than an actual game.
It was short, compared to DA:O, the graphics style and UI were "streamlined", and it was reusing areas for combat encounters. A warehouse somewhere may be exactly the same generic area as a sewers somewhere else.

On the positive side, it had C&C enough to get you the illusion of a much bigger tree of decisions, especially when you play it the first time (which for most people is also the last time). Bioware had decided to sacrifice breadth and width of areas for depth of C&C. It also had relationships with your party members you could develop - if you are into the trademark Bioware gay/lesbian/bi crap. The nice little idea about it was that it had these three stages and your choices carried over between them, so it was fun to experiment with the C&C.

I can see it getting revived nowadays when people care about the PnP-emulating formula in RPGs less and less, and move towards shorter games, with an emphasis on the interactive movie side of the roleplaying spectrum.

EDIT: This statement is controversial but its characters' writing is better than Obsidian's has ever been.

Here's a non-controversial statement: DA2 was a
crispy.gif
of epic proportions and possibly the most faggy game ever made. It singlehandedly ruined the DA franchise, despite DAO having massive goodwill.

It also spawned your garbage username. So you may be biased, french faggot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom