Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Jorus

Educated
Did the DLC at least brought new classes or races? Or is a complete waste of money and worst. Time?
1. No and No
2. Waste of time, Owlcat really dropped the ball on this one.
I mean if its any consolation you get a new buff spell for the main campaign for beating IE:
h4gflr.jpg
But otherwise avoid the dlc not worth it unless you are absolutely bored and want to play something else other than the Areelu fight with your late game PC.

ferratilis

Magister
If this turns out to be the last we see from Owlcat, then they would go out not with a bang, but a whimper. But they wouldn't be able to make anything better than Kingmaker anyway, not without Avellone's supervision, at least.

Humbaba

Arcane
There are new bug reports over bug reports over bug reports, fucking hell. Expected as much. Programming is hard.

Tenebris

Scholar
The game is in an even worse state than it was then the early beta. Camp banter is broken among other things. They claimed a hot fix patch is coming later today though.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hotfix is out already, party banter is fixed, although it is not mentioned in patch notes:
Crusaders!

A hot-fix 1.2.0af is available now.

Known issues:

• Companions in the Inevitable Excess DLC can’t be retrained if you got them not from an imported save.

Changelog:

• The screen went black when the party was attacked during rest - partially fixed; the bug happens much rarely now, and will be fixed fully in one of the nearest patches;
  • Some mythic paths were getting incorrect companions in Inevitable Excess - fixed;
  • Minor changes to Camelia's auto leveling in the Inevitable Excess DLC.

How stable game is right now - impossible to say. They had not updated their Beta branch for weeks and build they had put out as 1.2 Release was never tested and has assortment of brand new bugs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I started the game, loaded my old save and now game has some strange film grain, everything looks grainy now, it didn't before.

EDIT: Also I see armors now got new icon graphics.

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Lol, it won't even load anymore. Fucking Russians.

edit: So some chang figured it out and the fix is posted on the forum. Fucking changs.

Last edited:

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The DLC originally sounded like it was going to be some sort of epilogue... but apparently it's just a few hours of shitty combat and puzzles with little to no narrative that technically doesn't even involve the Wrath protagonist.

Also, I'm seeing people sperg about the EULA on the Steam forum. Did they update it recently or something?

ferratilis

Magister
People are sperging about part 3 of EULA, and why they are requiring to accept EULA exactly NOW, while Russia is invading Ukraine. Tbh it looks like every other EULA out there, so it might be an overreaction. Or maybe Putin wants to find out where WotR sold the most copies, and nuke the place.

C1439CF7513A79CB356CA498BF2159F3C4AC042F

Parabalus

Arcane
How stable is the game now bugs and performance wise with last patch?

I am going to go ahead and assume this will not get any more updates for a while, so might as well play it now.

I finished it on 1.0.x (patched as they released) and probably had a more bug-free experience than today's is.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How stable is the game now bugs and performance wise with last patch?

I am going to go ahead and assume this will not get any more updates for a while, so might as well play it now.

I finished it on 1.0.x (patched as they released) and probably had a more bug-free experience than today's is.

I finished shortly after release, and then again after a few patches. The more patched one was definitely the buggier experience.

Owlcat have a horrible habit of introducing 2 new bugs for each 1 they fix.

Daidre

Arcane
People are sperging about part 3 of EULA, and why they are requiring to accept EULA exactly NOW, while Russia is invading Ukraine. Tbh it looks like every other EULA out there, so it might be an overreaction. Or maybe Putin wants to find out where WotR sold the most copies, and nuke the place.
My best guess is that it aimed at Russian players - Steam and GOG could randomly nuke russian accounts any moment so Owlcat do not want to bear any responsibility if players would lose access to the game because of it.

Codex Year of the Donut

the EULA, like most, is ridiculous though. A game never needs that sort of access.
Restrict internet access for all singleplayer games. Windows firewall should be able to block them, I assume.

Thonius

Arcane
Sooooooo, how bad is this DLC? I reinstalled OS recently and you know lost muh saves, because I just forgot to back up those. Does not warrant second playthrough?

Thonius

Arcane

the EULA, like most, is ridiculous though. A game never needs that sort of access.
Restrict internet access for all singleplayer games. Windows firewall should be able to block them, I assume.
There were similar outrage to Unreal Store, like it was actually called spy ware. One year later nobody bates and eye since U store just gives free games. Is that really unusual? Granted uploading software on user's PC to monitor ram CPU etc seems sus.

Humbaba

Arcane

Where exactly is the problem? Looks normal tbh.

Daidre

Arcane
Is the DLC THAT bad?
There are big clockwork dungeons with floating platforms and complicated navigation through special teleportation ability, several puzzles - 3 big ones, with first one being special Owlcat-style retarded (semi-fake clues) and two others are ok, and lot of combat with enemies even nastier than in the last chapters of the main game. And by nastier I mean cute 90AC zombies on Hard and endless spam of mind-affecting abilities.

There are a lot of dialogues too, with cameos from several mythic paths, but I guess people who expected 5 hours of post-game coddling with companions have got farthest thing possible from THAT.
I have played it on on two characters - Trickster and Angel, Trickster got some decent unique content but at least one puzzle got broken for me with his special bypass, Angel barely got anything at all.

Oh, and I am pretty sure there is a secret ending (Paradox achievement) but it will require a separate run and I do not want to go through this DLC for the third time right now.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom