Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware The rape will never end. Konami is set to revive Metal Gear Castlevania and Silent Hill

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
L18c5du.png

Those MFers snuck into my trailer.
Your trailer ain't this clean

Dodo1610

Arcane
iqWeorN.jpg
This looks like they art from an upcoming Netflix show.
I expected an utterly forgettable walking sim, but this image shows promise this game might become a great source of memes and cringe. Good job Konami. :greatjob:

toughasnails

These guys' games had creative, polished visuals and great atmosphere but p forgettable writing and rudimentary gameplay. To be excited about their take on Silent Hill I'd have to hear that they have expanded their team and hired a competent writer.

Also, if you could guess anything from that art with the torn photo of the protag (?), it is that the game will likely be another attempted retread of Silent Hill 2... like p much every western take on SH in the past.

Pound Meat

Prophet
Not surprised at all. The Capcom leak confirmed Jap developers have fully embraced wokeness and are preparing to churn out endless titles featuring flat-chested brown girls who don't need no man.

RIP white big-bewbed Quiet.

Last edited:

fork

Not surprised at all. The Capcom leak confirmed Jap developers have fully embraced wokeness and are preparing to churn out endless titles featuring flat-chested brown girls who don't need no man.

Yeah, but people still hope Capcom will announce Dragon's Dogma 2 and are looking forward to it, lol.
Gamers are subhumans like everybody else, and dexers are no exception.

See also that new Monkey Island game. What a pos and yet most of these cretins are going to buy it.

wishbonetail

Learned
I think this is a great setup for a psychological horror. Imagine the repressed feelings and desires of the contemporary emancipated independent woman. A huge lot of sublimation, phallic enemies and imagery are to be expected.

wishbonetail

Learned
I'm expecting new Castlevania and Metal gear themed pachinko arcades. Also mobile Silent Hill MOBA.

Modron

Arcane
Pachinko is big business, if I am not mistaken it eclipses all other forms of gambling combined.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Is happening and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/silent-hill-the-short-message-rated-in-korea

Silent Hill: The Short Message rated in Korea​

A wild Silent Hill game rating appears.
Sal Romano
Sep 26 2022 / 2:00 AM EDT

Silent-Hill-Rated-Korea_09-26-22-320x180.jpg

The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated the unannounced “Silent Hill: The Short Message.” Platforms were not specified.
Silent Hill
The publisher is listed as UNIANA, which regularly publishes Konami games in Korea. Konami’s free-to-play soccer game eFootball 2023, published by UNIANA, was also included in today’s batch of Korean game ratings.
The new Silent Hill rating is possibly related to a string of leaks that have occurred over the past few months.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
iqWeorN.jpg
This looks like they art from an upcoming Netflix show.
I expected an utterly forgettable walking sim, but this image shows promise this game might become a great source of memes and cringe. Good job Konami. :greatjob:

Team Silent disbanded 3000 years ago; some of the devs joined Kojima Productions, some of them other companies, and I have zero expectations from current year market / developers. Even though I don't like Kojima, his cancelled Silent Hill game could be worthy, since there were some developers from the original Team Silent there.

Only good thing can come out from this game Akira Yamaoka's soundtracks, but I don't think he'll be doing it. In an interview with Akira Yamaoka, he asked if Team Silent would ever reunite, Yamaoka said he was not against the idea. However, "it's hard to say because everyone has evolved, and maybe the mindset has changed as well. Also, the technology and the games industry as a whole has changed as well. Even if we got back together I'm not even sure we could do something great so it's very hard to say at the moment."

Wunderbar

Arcane
uNZBmGJ.png

apparently it's going to be a walking simulator with some VN elements. Dialogue menu will look like an SMS screen (with Disco Elysium layout).

toughasnails

Old SH mobile adventure games, from the java era, are supposedly decent. Someone even bothered to port one of them to GZDoom.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Konami opens "KONAMI Osaka Studio", a studio with the focus on "Creators First", New R&D center, "Konami Creative Front Tokyo Bay" for 2025
https://www.konami.com/news/en/release/2023/0327/
Konami celebrated its 50th establishment anniversary on March 19, 2023. "KONAMI Osaka Studio," the Group's major production center, opened in OSAKA UMEDA TWIN TOWERS SOUTH on March 27, 2023 to continue sustainable growth in the next 50 years.

"KONAMI Osaka Studio" is a developmental relocation of the existing studio and comes with the concept of "Creators First." It is characterized by a well-developed environment where creators can demonstrate their full potential, and is set up in a location with convenient transportation access. As the major production center in Western Japan, the facility is fully equipped with motion capture equipments and sound studios necessary for product development.

Scheduled for completion in 2025, Konami Group's next-generation R&D center, "Konami Creative Front Tokyo Bay," is in the process of construction at Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo.

Our efforts in strengthening "Health and Productivity Management," aiming to create a healthy and vibrant workplace for employees, have brought us to be certified as an "Outstanding Health and Productivity Management Organization (White 500)" by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and Nippon Kenko Kaigi for 7 consecutive years.

Furthermore, starting in March 2023, we have substantially raised our base-salary.

We have taken various steps to promote management emphasized on human capital, improve employee engagement, and enhance its competitiveness.

In order to achieve further sustainable growth in the significantly expanding "entertainment" field, Konami Group will strengthen its product development capabilities and continue to provide products and services for the next generation.
Sounds fishy, it's Konami after all...
Late April Fool joke?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom