Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neon Blood - 2.5D cyberpunk pixel art RPG with JRPG-like turn-based combat

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

gif_personajes_nologo.gif

NB_Story_EN.png

Year 2053, the world as we know it came to an end in a war lost in time. Now, only inequality remains, in the form of Viridis, the great city that encompasses the dangerous Blind City and the luxurious Bright City.

Axel McCoin, once a police detective, will become the key piece to unmask a whole plot of corruption and power that plagues the unstable peace of Viridis.
Experience the stories of the city and its inhabitants, accompanying Axel in his mission to overthrow the established order and demolish the foundations of this corrupt society.

///////////////////////////////////////

AxelRun_EN.gif

// The escaped member of the Viridis police force is extremely dangerous and a warrant is out for his arrest on sight.
Thanks to confidential sources it is known that he is assisted by a group of terrorists consisting of Varya Gagarin (Junkyard), Silver Rayner (Boxer), Basilio Tastiera (hacker)...

//////// INJECTING PAYLOAD BASILIO_THE_GREAT.BIN ////////

///██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 20%///
///████▒▒▒▒▒▒ 40%///
///███████▒▒▒ 70%///
///█████████▒ 90%///
///██████████ 100%///
///DONE///

/////The Great Basilio thats is able to HACK the VPD and the fourth wall like nothing.
////Listen don't believe any of this, Axel is a liberator fighting for our rights and trying to break down social (and real) barriers and achieve REAL equality between the dangerous Blind City and the filthy rich Bright City.

//In his fight we will accompany him to achieve his goal, as well as to defeat the mysterious but powerful (not to me) Emerald Ruby. The rich girl who is determined to maintain the system that benefits her out of pure selfishness, although we believe there may be an ulterior motive...
Hacker_EN.gif

NB_Explorer_EN.png

Viridis is a living city that tells its own story, as well as keeping its own secrets. The city's inhabitants will be key pieces for detective Axel McCoin to discover how it works, the root of its inequality and how the inhabitants go about their daily lives. With richly detailed environments and hundreds of secrets to learn, players can explore freely and act as they wish as they explore diverse locations, such as the neon city of Hunter Heaven, the futuristic Bright City and the labyrinthine subway tunnels hidden in Viridis.

NB_Inv_F_v2.gif

NB_Combat_EN.png

The city is dangerous, but you are not alone, Axel will gain allies along his adventure with whom he can face powerful enemies side by side.you can attack, use skills and even objects before unleashing a powerful final attack where you will see the pixel art at its best in this turn-based combat system based on the great games of the JRPG genre.

NB_Comb_F_v2.gif

NB_Art_EN.png

Neon Blood's aesthetics feature a unique blend of 2D and 3D combining the retro style of hand-drawn and animated pixel art with highly detailed 3D environments, all with meticulous lighting that will make walking through the streets of the great Viridis a visual spectacle.

NB_Exp_ML_v2.gif

NB_Features_EN.png

• Elaborate and deep story with a cyberpunk theme combined with a turn-based combat style like old RPG's with strong strategy factor
  • Two different realities of the two cities with complete 2.5D aesthetic, merging cyberpunk and sci-fi
  • A big macropolis full of secrets to be solved with a complete dialogue-based detective system
  • A lot of neons

gif_logo_lluvia_ENG.gif

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
explore *pewpew* research *pewpew* confront *pewpew*
seem to be research exploration heavy alright

Viata

Arcane
What the fuck does "JRPG-like turn-based combat" mean? It's not like every JRPG makes their own combat mechanics to they point they are very different. If he means the most generic concept, then I expect characters to do 9999999 of damage and I don't want to waste my time on it.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Seems pretty cool aesthetically but

The dual Viridis, separated between the luxurious Bright City and the dangerous Blind City, where inequality reigns until you, Axel McCoin, an idealistic detective, start a revolution to change the world in this cyberpunk RPG adventure.

Bruh, this is the most reddit plot line that ever existed.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yes, that doesn't bode well; it screams commercial failure already for obvious reasons. The black main protagonist is already a bold choice according to the kind of customers buying games, but why not? I am okay with it. The problem is when you see in the trailer, he fights, kills, and uses cops ( almost strictly white men) as meat shields. So, once again, the white man is relegated to the role of cowardly villain and traitor. Those choices are never innocent, so screw them and their faux retro pixel shit.

Häyhä

Arbiter
When I was a wee lad still very enthusiastic about video games and especially RPGs, I wanted nothing more than cool cyberpunk games. Little did I know then how that monkey paw wish would backfire, now I wholeheartedly wish the entire genre/aesthetic to die for the next 20 years. Can't. Take. Neon. Garbage... No more.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I mean look what happened in the last 3 days

QmiZ9ml.png

News on Ultima, Geneforge, VtM, Zoria, Titan Quest 2, Dragons Dogma 2, FF VII, etc.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Of course, I am talking about the main page. So far, it's not stuff like Bloodlines 2 and Avowed that will excite anyone. I'm pretty sure there won't be any controversy on those; everyone will say it's shit, it's so obvious. It will get full Codex consensus in a bad way. Now, Bustling World is maybe shit too, I don't know, but China can bring us some surprises, and there are quite some inclined games like Tales of Immortal, which is considerably more complex than the half-aborted attempt that is called Archmage Rises.

Viata

Arcane
Bustling World looks like the best game I have seen for years. I hope it becomes as good as it seems to be and it looks better than whatever triple A devs (and AA devs) have released in the a decade or more.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"2.5D cyberpunk pixel art RPG with JRPG-like turn-based combat"

That's probably the most vomit inducing string of words I've read from Infinitron

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Bruh, this is the most reddit plot line that ever existed.
I always wonder if plots like this start off as milquetoast, or if they get watered down in the process of development. 'Bright/Blind City' feel like temp. names that never got replaced.

Seems pretty cool aesthetically but
The perspective and melding of art styles is, but the stylisation of the city itself feels very generic and uninspired. Like if I asked a silly robot to draw a softly grunge cyberpunk city, I wouldn't expect something fundamentally different from what's shown.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
This one looks like it'd be better if it was just an adventure game, not that it looks great to begin with, but the combat from what I can tell adds absolutely nothing to the overall gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom