Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dreams in the Witch House - Out now on Steam and GOG

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
voice acting is overrated, half the time you just end up clicking to the next sentence since it's faster to just read.
Yes and no. Voice acting can be glorious when it really adds to the experience, e.g. Beneath a Steel Sky, Sam'n'Max, and another neo-noirish one from around 2010 that I can't remember the name of for the life of me even after 10 minutes of googling *sigh*

EDIT: Gemini Rue!
I'm impressed that you enjoyed any Wadjet voice over :roll:
Have you played this particular game? I played other WadJet games, but wasn't impressed. In any case, they just act as publisher, so you can't make general statements about the games released by them.

Gemini Rue was done by a guy who never did any other game either before or after it. One of my favourite adventures, it's very very good.
they generally handle voice even for the games dave gillbert doesnt personally develop

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finished my second playthrough using the knowledge I gained from my first. I think I discovered almost everything now. Got the best ending and most of the achievements.

- told the police to raid the cave on Walpurgis Night
- collected all the evidence for Professor Armitage
- learned how to dimension travel
- rescued the child before Walpurgis Night
- finished writing my thesis
- activated the machine in the dream dimension (this one was honestly quite disappointing, all it does is heal you if you're hurt... but getting it to run was one of the most involved puzzles in the game!)
- killed the rat early on and gave his corpse to Armitage
- got the full story out of Joe
- became best friends with Allison and told her what's going on

The only thing that still leaves a question is what's up with that monster you can unleash in the cave. Doing it doesn't seem to have any lasting consequences.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The only thing that still leaves a question is what's up with that monster you can unleash in the cave. Doing it doesn't seem to have any lasting consequences.

You can get ambushed by it again at night when walking around the city. Eventually you'll read in the newspaper that the police caught it and locked it up in an asylum, which nets you some sanity.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Finished this, consistently good from start to finish. Ironman is the only way to play it though.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
This game is awesome. I kept having my sleep interrupted by 1000 of different shit and feel tired, hungry, sick, and broke.

But at the same time you can learn how to mitigate the sanity loss, sleep interruption and every single shit happening. I am juggling between keeping myself alive, my school and the game's plot and this has addicting loop of "1 more day"

I suspect my first playtrough will be a train wreck but i am looking forward to subsequent runs.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I suspect my first playtrough will be a train wreck but i am looking forward to subsequent runs.

Mine first play was a train wreck.

My guy lost all his sanity and woke up the next morning ranting about the futility of everything and then tried ending it all by drinking some poison he was carrying. It wasn't enough to kill him though. The next couple mornings he woke up ranting about the end and lamenting he had no way of committing suicide. I figured he just wasn't a morning person. Later I went to the store and bought some rat poison and as soon as he stepped out of the store the fucker chugged the bottle and killed himself.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

Mine first play was a train wreck.

My guy lost all his sanity and woke up the next morning ranting about the futility of everything and then tried ending it all by drinking some poison he was carrying. It wasn't enough to kill him though. The next couple mornings he woke up ranting about the end and lamenting he had no way of committing suicide. I figured he just wasn't a morning person. Later I went to the store and bought some rat poison and as soon as he stepped out of the store the fucker chugged the bottle and killed himself.
Mine

i ended up ignoring the plot, but concentrating on my thesis instead. Have tons of sanity because i sleep with the dude a lot. Killed the witch but the rat killed me like a bitch. Didnt end up even submitting the 3rd part of the theses because the prof was unavailable the last week (that was mean fr)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Finished my 2nd playtrough the knowledge what to do alone made much differences but i did use good amount of save scumming especially in "dungeon "

But i got the best ending possible, solved the mysteries and survived.

Amazing adventure game 10/10

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom