Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy now on Kickstarter, demo available

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: ATOM Team; Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/swordhaven-iron-conspiracy

Gameplay Overview

Explore the world of Nova Drakonia through five distinctive backgrounds. Delve into ancient dungeons and forgotten ruins, negotiate peace or wage war with barbarian tribes, defeat terrifying monsters, and forge new alliances as you journey through the land.

Master any weapon, or even a combination of weapons, each with its own set of unique combat abilities.

The game allows for a party of up to 5 members, where you can control each companion manually or leave the tough decisions to the computer. Engage in real-time combat with the option to pause (RTwP), or switch to turn-based mode to devise an elaborate strategy.

Gather, buy, find, or steal dozens of ingredients that allow for the creation of numerous potions, special weapons, armour, shields, and helmets.

Download Demo

Please note that this demo does not fully represent the quality of the finished game. Some art assets, both 3D and 2D, are temporary; and the balance and features may change according to feedback.

The demo is available for Windows 64bit, Mac and Linux.
Minimum system requirements: Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Phenom II, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 6670 2GB, 16GB of free space.

Download Steam Demo

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Yooo thanks for sharing you guys! I'm so tense I could punch a wall! And I did it too! Really, thanks for the support. Always so cool when the Codex shares our stuff.

Kedar

Educated
Yooo thanks for sharing you guys! I'm so tense I could punch a wall! And I did it too! Really, thanks for the support. Always so cool when the Codex shares our stuff.
Fingers crossed, mate! Backed, of course :)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1711488325846.jpeg

I DID MY PART (pledged)! :salute:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Backed. Expect I'll find some penniless hobo here to donate the second key to.
Thank you!
Fingers crossed, mate! Backed, of course :)
Honestly a very nice start today! But you know how it is... May dry out yet! Hopefully not tho
View attachment 48063

I DID MY PART (pledged)! :salute:
Salud!
Backed. Good luck.
Thank you!
Backed. Make us proud, gents.
Eventually we will! The demo turned out a bit more WIP than expected, fixing stuff even now, made it very janky with panicky last minute additions before launch, will get totally very playable with next update in half an hour or so.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I get frequent crashes with the demo, but its not bad. Writing is okay, character systems are okay, everything is pretty mid

Framerate in wooded areas is horrid. I wish you went with 2D backgrounds

Shin

Cipher
I have a funny feeling my foster father might be in mortal danger during the first act. Either way, I'm ready for my party of adventurers to tour the Sword coast Haven to investigate the iron crisis conspiracy.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I get frequent crashes with the demo, but its not bad. Writing is okay, character systems are okay, everything is pretty mid

Framerate in wooded areas is horrid. I wish you went with 2D backgrounds
Hi, do you have crash logs? We rarely get crashes with this one as of yet. And FPS usually sag in the village. What's your setup? Would you mail us at support@atomrpg.com ? Might cook up a fix faster! Will do anyway

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Is the codex gonna do one of those lame things where they pool our donations and get a NPC or some stupid fucking statue in game? I always fall for those and donate.
That would be fun! But even with the codex we'd have to be reeeeally lore friendly. Lore is all we got!
From a completely irrational loving of Baldur's Gate 1 and the strength of ATOM RPG, I pledged. I couldn't help it.
Thanks man!
Looks very cool, I think I'll back.
Thank you!
I tried it. Its...average. Awful lurid forest. Not bothered.
That's fair! Honestly, if that demo seems average, that's more of a confidence boost for us than anything else at the moment. I was horribly nervous about it being outright disliked by everyone. Really hard to judge a thing you're making, for me at least. Every update is gonna make it bigger and better, maybe we'll catch you at Early Access or release! :----D

Looks good.
Thanks!
Try ISO MODE!
I have a funny feeling my foster father might be in mortal danger during the first act. Either way, I'm ready for my party of adventurers to tour the Sword coast Haven to investigate the iron crisis conspiracy.
Sort of. Don't think your character will ever have a dad, but they really should Beware the Iron Conspiracy! It knows of you... It watches!!!

Pledged. ATOM had so much heart into it, I definitely wanna see more.
Thanks dude! Won't disappoint!

ropetight

Savant
Played a bit of demo on Linux, Proton 8.0.5, without bigger problems.

UI looks good again, has some character, not a boring placeholders with your favorite sans serif font.
With fixed ISO camera has great feel to play without too much fiddling.

World seems lively, lots of details in the forest.
Performace is bit sluggish considering sparse population of characters, but it is just a demo.
Loading of locations is fast - so it behaves like fantasy ATOM.

Looking forward to this one.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Played a bit of demo on Linux, Proton 8.0.5, without bigger problems.

UI looks good again, has some character, not a boring placeholders with your favorite sans serif font.
With fixed ISO camera has great feel to play without too much fiddling.

World seems lively, lots of details in the forest.
Performace is bit sluggish considering sparse population of characters, but it is just a demo.
Loading of locations is fast - so it behaves like fantasy ATOM.

Looking forward to this one.
Thanks dude! The FPS going down in some areas is an issue we're on at the moment, it's pretty bizarre. For me it's the smithy, for some it's the woods, for the fellow I'm answering next it's the whole second map. Once we get into the meat of the issue we'll patch it out. Experience shows that even after a couple of years there's still stuff that can be optimized. So every update things are gonna get better.
First map butter smooth, second map -the village one, has weird skipping/stutter issue. Literally unplayable.
We're working on this thing, hopefully will get it resolved soon. These slowdowns happen in different spots on different hardware. We'll eradicate it!

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah KS needed creditcard as payment tool.. wouldn't mind throwing in some coin, but did not renew my cc.
Codex gonna do some collective thingy for AtomBro?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backed, obviously.

I don't think there's any danger of not getting to the funding goal (still 18 days to go), but come on, how is this not funded yet?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom