Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Excommunicator
Excommunicator
I, for one, can offer you untold KNOWLEDGE
Hobo Elf
Hobo Elf
So, I'm finding some of the later levels on Charnel to be quite difficult. The mission where you need to disable Pyro's dynamo to be specific. I'm wondering if it's actually possible to deprive the AI from summoned creatures by stealing all their souls, or does the AI cheat and have a fixed amount always?
Excommunicator
Excommunicator
They never cheat, but it's a big amount in some of those levels. Charnel is particularly hard against Pyro because of his low damage compared to Pyro
Good fallback strategy is always to set up a defence until you harvest enough souls to launch an attack.
Excommunicator
Excommunicator
Remember units’ special abilities, e.g. deadeyes are easy to overlook, they feel weak but the poison stacks and they have easily the longest range of any unit in the game. Soul eating for netherfiends is another easily overlooked, but don't let one eat more than 3 or 4, as they don't get any returns past that point. As guardians they're just about unbeatable like that but you'll lose the devoured souls if they die.
Hobo Elf
Hobo Elf
I see, I tried doing as you said. I hunkered down in my base and collected souls from one of the enemy wizards until they only had a couple left. I was able to leave some guardians so no one could attack my altar while I went to disable the Dynamo. Was able to finish the level like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom