Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

sullynathan
sullynathan
How many miles and what diet? Already started 1 - 2 miles a day
Latro
Latro
diet - just a generalist clean eating would do:

- No soda, nothing but 0 calorie drink options
- no sweets
- cook everything at home, this insures you're not taking in any crap and you have complete calorie control, etc
- keto, or a keto-ish low carb diet also works swell (minimal carbs, high protein, etc)
Latro
Latro
oh, and definitely no alcohol, it encourages the retaining of belly-fat
sullynathan
sullynathan
What specifically counts as keto? I believe I've consumed too much fat in the past year and half. Too much steak, mashed potatoes etc.
Don't really eat much sweets
Latro
Latro
keto - for men, 40g of carbs max. keto is short for ketosis, a condition your body enters where it switches from burning carb sources to primarily burning fat - which means it'll also lead to faster fat reduction.
sullynathan
sullynathan
So right now, I've consumed 186g carbs and 63g fat today. I should reduce carbs to 40g max, correct?
Latro
Latro
If possible, yes. You can try to lowering it more slowly if going straight to 40g carbs is too difficult for you, it's a method of literally changing how your body processes its energy. You'll probably feel sluggish and etc.
sullynathan
sullynathan
So how much does the exercise contribute? If I cut out the oatmeal and breads and eat more eggs, etc. and exercise 4 - 5 times a week, what am I looking at in time to lose the weight?
sullynathan
sullynathan
Also, what about the food that is high in fats but low in carbs?
Latro
Latro
re: exercise, just focus on fat-burning stuff, the idea is that while you're on a high-protein diet, the body will want to eat its own body-fat stores first than muscle (and this isn't keto exclusive).
as a rule of thumb, going for a run past 20 minutes means your body will more or less consume body-fat reserves. (so doing 40 mins a day would be nice).
Latro
Latro
re: diet - honestly, there's a tons of keto guides out there that can explain it better than I can, but if you like to cook fresh meat/eggs you'll probably like it.
Kalin
Kalin
Just stop eating you fatass, fast for 2 weeks, only drink water, that's how you lose weight
sullynathan
sullynathan
I'm not a kid anymore, I refuse to fast. I'm also not very fat yet
Tacgnol
Tacgnol
Whenever I've done a cut in the past, I've generally just done a 500 calorie deficit each day whilst ensuring I keep my protein intake high. This helps me avoid any drastic muscle loss but cuts body fat percentage quite well. 500 calories is quite easy as you shouldn't feel any extreme hunger pangs whilst doing it.
Tacgnol
Tacgnol
Also make sure you are doing resistance training at least twice a week, otherwise your body will figure you don't need that muscle.
Prime Junta
Speed. If it works for Iggy Pop, it'll work for you.
sullynathan
sullynathan
I'm stuck in the house for quarantine. I have a treadmill, one of those home workout systems and a few dumbells, I've been doing that.

500 calorie deficit does seem high, especially if I'm not going to eat bread, rice or potatoes.
Tacgnol
Tacgnol
You can do less if you want, but it'll take longer. 500 calorie deficit will lose you about a pound to 1.5 pound a week. Ultimately the most important thing is to count calories and be aware of what you are eating.
Kalin
Kalin
Just kys then
sullynathan
sullynathan
Did 25 minutes run today, lifted weights. Pretty good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom