Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
Hate is a strong word.
Verylittlefishes
Verylittlefishes
we all are, friend, we all are.
Strange Fellow
Strange Fellow
NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself. If you genuinely hate the art from say the best-looking 2D Sierra/LA games you have shit taste. Maybe you hate that pixel art is used to mask the fact that many modern indie games have no/bad artists, but then it's just a different way of saying "this shitty art would be good if only it were high-res" which is also retarded.
Strange Fellow
Strange Fellow
This is just the PoE effect again. I too hate writing in games when the writing is bad.
Verylittlefishes
Verylittlefishes
I believe it is about modern thing. Old pixel art was just art pixelized.
Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
The moral of the story is that indie devs ruin everything.
Kev Inkline
Kev Inkline
Amiga games graphics are the pinnacle if 2d hand drawn style. I doubt anyone could hate them.
Üstad
Üstad
I refer modern 2D indie games with no value. They use it as an excuse for lack of talent. I also never understood why it is called art in the first place.
Grauken
Grauken
You should make a proper thread so that we can make fun of your stupid opinion with enough examples that show that you're shallow dipshit with no clue

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom