Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

A horse of course
wrong site
NJClaw
NJClaw
Suggest to me a blobber then. It must be easy to get into, since I've never played one.
Thac0
Thac0
Legends of Amberland is the perfect entry blobber for turn based.
For real time both Grimrocks proof suitable.

The question is what mid range blobbers there are to progress from that to Wizardry and Might and Magic.
newtmonkey
newtmonkey
I agree with Thac0. Might & Magic III is another one that's very easy to get into if you want turn-based.
Citizen
I haven't played an RPG for almost two years
Strange Fellow
Strange Fellow
There's no need to gear yourself up to play blobbers, they aren't complex games. All you need is to pick one and not give up the minute the going gets tough.
NJClaw : I wouldn't recommend Amberland, I found it way too simple. You should play Wiz 8, it has a great UI and tooltips for everything, and it's also one of the best CRPGs of any subgenre.
NJClaw
NJClaw
I will try Legend of Grimrock first, since I already have that on Steam. I bought it last year while on a spending spree, but it didn't seem that fun at first. I really want to get into it, it's a subgenre I have never touched.
NJClaw
NJClaw
Okay, I tried Legend of Grimrock, and I had a lot of fun. In my second playthrough I still missed a treasure, but I don't think I will go through the entire game a third time. I loved the exploration, atmosphere, and simple narration.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom