Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Lilliput McHammersmith
Why would you buy something on this guy’s recommendation?
NJClaw
NJClaw
He is Ontopoly. Player of the realms of rpgs. Master of swords and spells. Manipulator of .ini files. Devourer of antagonists. Champion of the great halls of achievements. The sword coast knows him as bhaal spawn. The people of Arcanum know him as the living one. He is known in morrowind as the Nerevarine.
NJClaw
NJClaw
And there are more titles. Titles that you do not even know. Titles that if uttered aloud would tear the minds of casuals such as yourselves apart.
Thac0
Thac0
I got my hands on an unreleased copy of a stellar review from his prestigous gaming blog.

... I always wanted to try one of the Harvest Moon/RPG hybrids from Japan. I just didn't know where to start and this one was really cheap.
Ontopoly
Ontopoly
Have you played it yet? What do you think?
Thac0
Thac0
It is the best of those farming games I played yet. I am not a big fan of either Bethesda style skills that raise when you use them, or of action combat for that matter, but both work really well for the game. Watering your plant every morning can feel like busywork in Stardew Valley, here you will level up your watering, gardening and love skills while doing it.
Thac0
Thac0
Difficulty is nice aswell. Usually Japanese games only have two difficulties, baby mode and normal. With luck they have normal and challenging. Rune Factory has Easy, Normal, Hard and Hell. I play on Hard and it's pretty good, first faery boss killed me two times before I killed her. Now she became an oddly young looking girl I can date, but she has wings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom