Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Lacrymas
Lacrymas
Is it possible that your bias/opinion is clouding your judgement? Why is it mindbogglingly stupid?
Lhynn
Lhynn
Part of the charm of gayms is that it allows me to set my own bias to neutral. So i get to see the big picture. Its pretty clear that Ashleys fears are not only justified, but that youd be naive not to share her views considering the state of the federation.
You failed to stablish that A) Shes a raycist to any meaningful degree and B) that shes wrong in any fashion.
Lhynn
Lhynn
I believe the reason behind that is that you reasoned are using the scope of present day issues to color your interpretation of her words and actions. When that is, in fact, the worst way to go about it.
Lacrymas
Lacrymas
1) Even the people who defend her agree she's racist/xenophobic, I also gave enough examples. I even quoted her verbatim. 2) I said multiple times that it's not about whether she's right or wrong.
Lhynn
Lhynn
Therefore your entire line of reasoning i garbage. And this isnt the first time you do it. Its been going on for months now. You have been posting nothing but nonsense for months.
Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
Think of Lacrymas as having a female brain and adjust your expectations accordingly, Lhynn.
Lhynn
Lhynn
Lmao, you are literally retarded. Everyone in the federation is a racist. Are you for real? Its whats healthy. She isnt even the most grave example, the entire galatic council has nothing but racist. Every single politician in the citadel is a racist. They are looking out for the interests of their own people.
The only difference is that while everyone else acts on those feelings, she doesnt.
Lacrymas
Lacrymas
How is it possible to not be affected by our lived experiences? Even then, I said her xenophobia is not the status quo in the ME universe, which is basically a bisexual colorblind utopia for the most part. Humans getting uppity against the majority is like gays getting uppity in the 19th century, it's schizophrenic and totally out of line with the culture.
Lacrymas
Lacrymas
Looking out for your own people is not racism.
NJClaw
NJClaw
I stopped listening to Lacrymas when he said bad things about Dark Souls
Lhynn
Lhynn
Of course looking out for your own is not racism. And Ashley is looking out for her own people, especially her captain.
And why are you bringing up skin color and sex into this discussion?
Fucking Lacrymas man.
Stop mixing things, stop conflating things.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
Imagine if Argentineans cared as much about their economy as they care about races.
Lhynn
Lhynn
If i cared about our economy as much as i care about vydia id be dead man. Literally jump off a bridge, theres no fixing my country.
Heroic Liberator
Heroic Liberator
Have an e-hug, Lhynn. :love:
Lacrymas
Lacrymas
There is a difference between "looking out for your own people" and being irrationally paranoid and/or casually spewing race/species-loaded derogatory one-liners, though.
Lhynn
Lhynn
Except she wasnt irrationally paranoid. Her suspicions are well founded.
Lacrymas
Lacrymas
That's because she suspected every alien. Following the law of averages, one of them was bound to slip up at one point. Like I said before, this is like being suspicious of white men and then going "I told you my fears are justified" when they catch John Wayne Gacy.
Lacrymas
Lacrymas
She wasn't even all that correct. She suspected Wrex and Garrus (because they are aliens), yet it was Tali who stole the plans, the only alien Ashley got along with.
Lhynn
Lhynn
The only problem you have is the derogatory terms she uses to refer to other races. But thats because she is a no nonsense kind of gal that knows the score.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
Lacrymas is correct about the Dark Souls

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom