Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 10 Things You Need to Know about Deus Ex: Human Revolution

SoupNazi

My retort was never going to be that "this is the Codex, you gotta except douchebaggery". And that's exactly your problem, again you assumed something ridiculous. If something is ambiguous and you're unsure of what it means or the meaning is not clear then you shouldn't assume you can just judge it based on whatever comes to mind first.

You should just shut up about it, or ask about it. Not go "LOL DIS GAEM HAS YOU SHOOT ENEMYES THRU WALLS WITH A PISTOLZ" - and while you may have put it otherwise, the way you process information in the end makes you look as stupid as if you posted in full capslock.

That's what I get bent out of shape about. Ignorance.

Coyote

Arcane
SoupNazi said:
My retort was never going to be that "this is the Codex, you gotta except douchebaggery".

Never said anything about you being the one to say it; it was just an obvious opening that, based on other similar comments in the past, someone was bound to eventually take.

As for the rest of your post, like I said, I have no problem with being corrected. My initial interpretation of the phrasing was that it was saying you could shoot through walls; I simply didn't think about alternative explanations until I made the second post, because that was how my mind had parsed it before I looked at the phrasing more closely and noticed it was ambiguous. It happens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom