Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Supplemental Kickstarter campaign for Hero-U succeeds

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption; Transolar Games

Good news if you're a backer of Transolar Games' adventure-RPG Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption. The supplemental Kickstarter has finished as successfully funded, allowing the project to stay afloat and even expand with the following stretch goals:
  • Tower Garden – Like Erana’s Peace in Quest for Glory, this will be a quiet area where Shawn can relax and perhaps spend time with a close friend.
  • Improved Animation – Al is improving walking, running, sneaking, combat moves, “fidgets”, and other areas where our current animation hasn’t been good enough.
  • Sea Cave Puzzles – We will be able to add some complexity and challenge to the Sea Caves area of the game. This adds some adventure gaming features to an RPG area.
  • Additional music and sound effects – As the scope of the game has increased, we will need additional musical pieces and sound effects to enrich the game. Ryan Grogan, the Hero-U composer, will create new compositions for the game. We are also working with a sound designer to create custom effects and help us select additional “library” sound effects for the game.
  • The Boss Wraith will have its special area in the Catacombs. This is something of a puzzle encounter in that Shawn will not be able to walk up to it, stab it a few times, and say “I win!” Magical weapons, spells, and special items will all play a part.
  • News flash! We just received a large PayPal donation that has allowed us to reach the Sea Cave Boss (“Unspeakable Horror”) goal. This will be another combat-plus encounter with strong puzzle elements.

Aenra

Still think they are both deranged, betting on their mortgage for a fucking gaem of all things..

But congratulations to both of them. Takes guts to pursue your dreams. Bigger than mine for sure. Well done!
/salute

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Glad to hear they got their funding. I know the road for this game was a bit of a bumpy one, but looking forward to the game. It is looking like it is turning out pretty cool. :salute:

Shevek

Arcane
Still think they are both deranged, betting on their mortgage for a fucking gaem of all things..

But congratulations to both of them. Takes guts to pursue your dreams. Bigger than mine for sure. Well done!
/salute
I backed specifically because they did this. Its a nutty thing to do but it reflects their dedication to the project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom