Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines revisited on PlanetVampire

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

There's a <A href="http://www.forumplanet.com/planetvampire/topic.asp?fid=9642&tid=1773542&p=1">thread</a> on <a href="http://www.planetvampire.com">Planet Vampire</a> that allows people to ask <b>Brian Mitsoda</b>, a designer on <a href="http://www.vampirebloodlines.com">Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines</a>, several keen questions about the game as a way of marking the one year anniversary of the release of that game. The answers can be found on <a href="http://www.forumplanet.com/planetvampire/topic.asp?fid=9642&tid=1773542&p=4">page 4</a> of the thread so far. Here's a sample:
<br>
<blockquote><b> I would like to ask you what do you think about a possibility of reprogramming/getting the Bloodlines SDK.</b>
<br>
<br>
You’d have to ask Activision. They own Bloodlines and all its assets.</blockquote>
<br>
Yup, that's a bummer right there.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Lomer</b>!
<br>

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Wow, a truly excellent interview.
Good find (err, whoever found it).

Every time I read a thread about this game I think of how excellent it could have been if some of the "rushed" feeling had been fixed by some extra development time.
As it was, it was one of the more enjoyable games I've played in the last year.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Other than the nice sidestep of "every developer would like more time" in the interview, the feeling I get from the interview was that it was.

And more importantly (and what I was really saying) was that the game felt rushed regardless. Lots of sloppy little bugs n things that a few months of QA could have dealt with easily.
I think a lot could have been improved and polished. A LOT.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Still wasn't rushed. It only feels rushed as it was sloppily made.

P.S. I like BL so no one whine about how 'bias' I am against it.

R00fles!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Saint_Proverbius said:
Yup, that's a bummer right there.
Out of all the great stuff in that interview, you choose that?

There's some seriously good info in there. Well worth a read.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Someone ask him if he dies a little inside whenever he sees the opening movie.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
HanoverF said:
Someone ask him if he dies a little inside whenever he sees the opening movie.

I get a feeling they, like most people who played the game, forget about the opening sequence soon after meeting Mercurio and never think of it again.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord said:
Out of all the great stuff in that interview, you choose that?

There's some seriously good info in there. Well worth a read.

Yeah, because that's my huge ass pet peeve about the game aside from the main story missions, Activision didn't allow the release of the SDK for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom