Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Titan Quest prefun at C&VG

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Titan Quest

<a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/">Computer and Video Games</a> has a tiny little <A href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/previews/previews_story.php?id=130015">preview</a> of <a href="http://titanquestgame.com/">Titan Quest</a> with a few choice quotes from <b>Brian Sullivan</b>. Here's a bit about that:
<br>
<blockquote>"As far as roleplaying goes, the fantasy genre's been a little overdone over the last 20 years," Iron Lore head honcho Brian Sullivan tells us. "We think ancient history is a nice refreshing topic for the genre." [Superfilious Lethal Weapon crap deleted because it was pointless and idiotic]
<br>
<br>
Titan Quest is extremely Diabloesque in essence, if not in setting. To distil it down to the basics: you take control of a little pectoral man (or breasted woman), and move around an environment, clicking on baddies to hit them or chuck spells in their general direction. Many dead monsters yield random loot and weapons as they breathe their last. You level up and improve your character, then resume the beast-bashing. It's a sub-genre that hasn't had a decent injection of love and tenderness since the days of Diablo (Dungeon Siege withstanding), and Sullivan, starting up Iron Lore after a rewarding spell at Ensemble Studios, reckons filling this gap is the perfect way to pin his new company's colours to the mast.</blockquote>
<br>
One could make the claim that if it's got magic and swords, it's not exactly that far removed from high fantasy. Yes, high fantasy is over-done, but magic and swords with Greek monsters isn't exactly pushing that envelope.
<br>

<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.shacknews.com">Shack News</A>

Chefe

Erudite
It may not be pushing the envelope, but it's a step in the right direction.

Death to Elves.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Re: Titan Quest prefun at C&VG

Saint_Proverbius said:
Superfilious Lethal Weapon crap deleted because it was pointless and idiotic
I don't think that calling someone else's opinion idiotic is very professional, Saint. Just something for you to think about.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
With his rosy cheeks, dazzlingly white teeth and tightly coiffed blond hair, Sullivan reminds us strangely of Lethal Weapon and Predator 2 actor (and prize nutcase) Gary Busey. Thankfully, he decides not to hold his hand above a fag lighter before fighting us bare-knuckle on Danny Glover's front lawn before developing one of Hollywood's most famed coke habits. Instead, he opts to run through a demo of the game he's been working on for the past half decade.
Hey! Get your hands out of my pants!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Re: Titan Quest prefun at C&VG

Vault Dweller said:
I don't think that calling someone else's opinion idiotic is very professional, Saint. Just something for you to think about.

If only what I deleted was actually an opinion. It was three or four sentences about Gary Busey and his role as Mr. Joshua, who Brian Sullivan slightly resembles. It really had nothing to do with anything and the second paragraph should have been part of the original few sentences instead of the author's meaningless tripe about Gary Busey.

Since Naked_Lunch quoted the part I snipped as to get to the original point of the first few sentences, check out the number of times the word, "before" appears in that second sentence of the quoted portion.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I was kidding, Saint. I'm the last person who'd complain about calling someone's "valid" opinion idiotic. Rock on. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom