Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Have a Witcher Christmas?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Witcher, The

There's a nifty Christmas card promotion over at <A href="http://www.thewitcher.com/witcher.asp">the official The Witcher site</a>. Here's the scoop about it:
<br>
<blockquote>The Christmas is coming and so is the New Year.
<br>

<br>
On this occasion CD Projekt RED, the developer of The Witcher, is organizing a special treat for its fans – an exclusive Christmas card with an autograph from a team member.
<br>

<br>
Each card will have a unique number. If you want to get one (maybe it will be the Number 1 Card ?), just fill out form available at this address: <a href="http://www.thewitcher.com/witcher.asp?id=news_full&rid=621">http://www.thewitcher.com/witcher.asp?id=news_full&rid=621</a> - and wait for the Santa Claus when Christmas comes!
<br>

<br>
Cards can be ordered until the midnight of 4/5th December 2005 (GMT +1).</blockquote>
<br>
Okay, I think I'll stick to the free cards that the charities send me for donations. At least that way people won't think I'm crazy or something when they get a Christmas card with snowy trees and mountains instead of a wounded hooker.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Joanna</b>!
<br>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I know that getting something unique (well, it's too big a word) free from the developers is nice, but the last year's card was damn ugly. I hope they do a better job this time.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Saint_Proverbius said:
Okay, I think I'll stick to the free cards that the charities send me for donations. At least that way people won't think I'm crazy or something when they get a Christmas card with snowy trees and mountains instead of a wounded hooker.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Section8

Cipher
Oh noes! mathboy enslaves the whole Codex with necromancy!!!

How is it? Does it have dead hookers on it?

mathboy

Liturgist
No dead hookers.

There's a guy with long hair and Santa Claus' skeleton together with the skeleton of some horny animal.

In the background there's a tower.

On the back it says:
",,Wówczas rzek´l Wied´zmin do Mikolaja: ,,I pamietaj (dot over z)eby´s dla ka[dot over z]dego mia´l prezent..." Ale Miko´laj nie my´sa´l s´lucha´c byle wied´zmina..."

Flourens Delannoy, Bajki i klechdy

Spokojnych ´swi[a with cedilla]t o weöu przygód w nadchodz[a with cedilla]cym Nowym Roku!"
And the same stuff in five other languages.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
mathboy said:
",,Wówczas rzek´l Wied´zmin do Mikolaja: ,,I pamietaj (dot over z)eby´s dla ka[dot over z]dego mia´l prezent..." Ale Miko´laj nie my´sa´l s´lucha´c byle wied´zmina..."

Flourens Delannoy, Bajki i klechdy
No that's a poor joke. Good I didn't ask for the card.

Camrin

Novice
Agreed, a U-10 kind of joke. Could be something better, for ex. some quote from Sapkowski's works.

Dagon

Scholar
the card is really very nice :)
it's well painted and whatever :P
and the back is also in english
it says :"And then Witcher said to Santa :"And make sure that you have a present for everyone.."But Santa Claus did not intend to listen to a mere witcher...."
mathboy aldo didn't mentioned that The Witcher (The guy with the long hair) is sitting and watching the tower in the background with somekind of alcohol, and that terrain is covered by the snow .

Balthamael

Liturgist
^The link worked fine to me, and I even ordered a christmas card. Will be interesting to see if I get one, and when.

I am pretty sure that nikolaus1 is a bot, by the way. No human being would demonstrate that profound lack of reading comprehension. I hope.

Section8

Cipher
And I don't think (its) English is up to speed either. I'm guessing he meant to say it will stay online for 180 days. "It will be there within 180 days" would be pretty fucking inefficient if you wanted to share files.

Okay, I've uploaded the files to http://depositfiles.com/, it should be ready for you to download sometime... WITHIN THE NEXT SIX FUCKING MONTHS!

Oh and, this thread LIVES AGAIN!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
nikolaus1 said:
This link doesn't work. Please upload it on depositfiles.com . It will be there within 180 days.
Are you a spambot? Because your other post is exactly the same.

I don't take too kinfly too spambots around here. We don't server their kind. Tell me you're not a fucking spambot or I'll tear off your gonads.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I got a Christmas Card yesterday. Wasn't anything to do with a Witcher. It had St. Sophia's Cathedral on the front. It was pretty cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom