Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Two Worlds - the most stunning RPG evar!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Two Worlds

<a href=http://www.gamecloud.com>GameCloud</a> has posted an <a href=http://www.gamecloud.com/omg.wtf?lolz=2453>official announcement</a> of <a href=http://www.topware.com/>Two Worlds</a>, a new RPG for PC and Xbox 360. Not much is known about the game other than that the fact that it looks so awesome, that even the human eye may not be able to handle all that awesomeness properly, and additional transplants may be required.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Set for release in November of 2006 on X-box 360 and PC, Two Worlds will be the most stunning RPG ever made with graphical possibilities that today’s graphic cards can not even deliver to its fullest potential.
<br>
<br>
The storyline will be set in a mid-evil time frame where good and evil are actively vying for the very hearts and souls of mankind. This storyline will be told in a very stirring, deep, and non-linear manner that will offer the game player several different endings based on his own individual character traits, will, and morality.
<br>
<br>
There will be an amazing array of guilds, destinations, and characters with great depth and detail. Additionally, each character played will gain experience in various skill sets in a manner that is more realistic and compelling then any other game to date. For example, hand to hand combat has never been seen like this in an RPG to date.
<br>
<br>
There will be a large campaign mode and an immersive online component that will be free.</blockquote>
<br>
Well, they sure know how to hype them. Let's see if they can make 'em.

callehe

Liturgist
This storyline will be told in a very stirring, deep, and non-linear manner that will offer the game player several different endings based on his own individual character traits, will, and morality.

Doesn't sound all bad does it? non-linearity and open-endedness is good stuff. Good grafix isn't bad per se...

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Doesn't sound all bad does it? non-linearity and open-endedness is good stuff. Good grafix isn't bad per se...
Well, if it's as brain-bustingly graphically intensive as they make it out to be, my computer probably won't be able to even install it so that kinda voids everything.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Set for release in November of 2006 on X-box 360 and PC, Two Worlds will be the most stunning RPG ever made with graphical possibilities that today’s graphic cards can not even deliver to its fullest potential.

Since when is this fit for a press release? Yeah, there's no better way of selling your product than saying it will likely not work with the best hardware currently out there. Several games suffered saleswise because of this in the past.

callehe

Liturgist
strange tho, if today's graphics cards can't handle the game, will this mean that todays Xbox 360 owners must upgrade their graphics cards when the game comes out?

When was the last time you heard of anyone upgrading their consoles? :?:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Role-Player said:
Vault Dweller said:
Set for release in November of 2006 on X-box 360 and PC, Two Worlds will be the most stunning RPG ever made with graphical possibilities that today’s graphic cards can not even deliver to its fullest potential.

Since when is this fit for a press release? Yeah, there's no better way of selling your product than saying it will likely not work with the best hardware currently out there. Several games suffered saleswise because of this in the past.
They meant it's so awesome that it will be awesome even in the year 3000 when the technology finally catches up.

Gwendo

Augur
That announcement sounds so amateurish...

And... Mid-evil? Please...

Screaming_life

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
They meant it's so awesome that it will be awesome even in the year 3000 when the technology finally catches up.

In that case it will have be totally awesome for 1000 years it seems:

Update: An RPG called Two Worlds had been previously announced by Metropolis Software and Topware way back in 2000 but was never released. Since so much time has passed we are going to assume that this Two Worlds is not going to be the same game.

http://www.gamecloud.com/omg.wtf?lolz=2453

Chefe

Erudite
Is this a joke?

Who the hell summarizes their game like that?

Tintin

Arbiter
The storyline will be set in a mid-evil time frame where good and evil are actively vying for the very hearts and souls of mankind.

A pun worthy of Shakespeare.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Hmmmm... I think they are trying to borrow a page from Lionhead's play book, but in the end we are going to get a shallow GTA clone. That was non-linear, right?

Rina

Scholar

Which means that it will sell alot even if it is overhyped miserable failure like Fable, KoTOR or Neverwinter Nights. Good strategy. :roll:

This storyline will be told in a very stirring, deep, and non-linear manner that will offer the game player several different endings based on his own individual character traits, will, and morality.

"Oh hero, rescue my teddy bear from the kobolds! It has been divided into 3 pieces, that have been hidden into three ancient keeps all around the world! You must do it because it is teh ultimate teddy bear of doom and the world of clicheria will fall into thousand year darkness if they use it!

1. Yes master.
2. I'll do it but how much you will pay for it?
3. I'll do it because I'm evil and I can't think of anything more evil than killing kobolds.
4. No! I'm not doing it, but I will accept it later because I will be stuck untill I do so!"

There will be a large campaign mode and an immersive online component that will be free.

"[suramun91] sum 1 giv me free epix plz??????
[legolasgurl] WTS [Guinea Pig's Zweihander of the Soil Erosion] 1000g PST!
[Drzitz] LGF for elmuntal plain of wuta!!!!!
[hotorcxor] SNAPE KILLD DUMBLADOR!!!!111++
[ketchupmage88] xingxaopong is a ninja looter!!!!"

I can't wait. :roll:

Deacdo

Liturgist
The fact that it is being developed for the Xbox360 and the PC tells me quality isn't their main concern, so I doubt it will be anything worth noting.

Drakron

Arcane
I could swear I read something using "mid-evil" ... sounds like a copy/paste press release.

And yes, its stupid when they try to sell a game with "your card cannot handle it!" when likely it could if it was programmed properly ... not to say I dont have a tree growing ATI and Nvidia latest card on my backyard.

Psilon

Erudite
graphical possibilities that today’s graphic cards can not even deliver to its fullest potential
Am I the only one reading this as "will not reach 20 FPS unless running on an NVidia card from 2010?"

Vival

Augur
That game is probably so awesome that our mere mortal minds couldn't comprehend its greatness even if our measly computers were able to run this fucking piece of Manna.

mid-evil time frame
I want sex with the person who wrote this press release! Now!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I recently returned from the future, and I can tell you that this game is going to be the most awesome piece of software ever written for anything in the history of the universe, but one day after its release a meteor is going to strike the Earth and kill us all. We're all going to die alone and naked.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Whipporowill said:
Oh, so it's mid-evil, since people haven't made up their minds about being good or evil? Koouuhl! :shock:

Maybe it's a Buddhist CRPG.

Anyone else get the FABLE SHIVERS when they read that release? For some reason, I did.

Dreagon

Scholar
Deacdo said:
The fact that it is being developed for the Xbox360 and the PC tells me quality isn't their main concern, so I doubt it will be anything worth noting.

Yep. That pretty much sums it up right there

LlamaGod

Cipher
SOUNDS LIKE EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom