Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone expansion pack gets teaser trailer, coming October 13th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone

Remember the two expansion packs for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that were announced back in April? Well, time flies, and the first of them, Hearts of Stone, is now approaching release, on October as promised. Here's the teaser trailer and press release courtesy of GameBanshee:

CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, announce the release date of Hearts of Stone, the first expansion to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Step again into the shoes of Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer, this time hired to defeat a ruthless bandit captain, Olgierd von Everec, a man who possesses the power of immortality. The expansion lets you choose your own way through an adventure that includes recruiting a crew of break-in artists, spending a night partying with a ghost and outsmarting the most bizarre creatures Geralt has ever faced.

Launching October 13th, 2015, Hearts of Stone packs over 10 hours of new adventures and introduces new characters, powerful monsters, unique romance, and a brand new storyline shaped by gamer choices. The expansion also introduces a brand new system of Runewords that significantly affects gameplay. Each Runeword will impact a different aspect of in-game mechanics and will allow the players to experiment with various strategies and tactics.

Along with the digital release, gamers will also be able to purchase a special, limited boxed edition of Hearts of Stone (SRP $19.99/19.99€) available at selected retailers worldwide. The box contains a digital download code for the expansion, two masterfully crafted physical decks of Gwent, the card game set in the world of The Witcher, and a detailed manual explaining the rules. With two unique sets of cards, Monsters and Scoia’tael, ready to go, players can now engage in tactical combat on a grand scale outside of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

The studio launched a special initiative for owners of the digital Expansion Pass that will enable them to purchase the cards separately. All information about the initiative can be found at redeemgwent.com.
What GameBanshee didn't mention is that CD Projekt sent out a trio of screenshots from the expansion as well, one of which features a suspiciously Shani-like red-haired lass. There's your unique romance, I guess.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Sounds looks an interesting expansion to the best game of the year so far :salute:

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I read that the expansion will expand (heh) the map eastwards from Oxenfurt, opening up a large new area, and that it's up to you whether you'd like to play that part of the story before or after the main campaign. If you've already completed the game, you can play the expansion as part of NG+.

This is undoubtedly Shani. Wonder how they'll differentiate her personality from Triss. I remember her as being Triss-like in W1, while the real Triss was portrayed as more cold and professional than she really is in the books and W2/3.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Can't wait to hike in 10 new unique locations, hear all sorts of dramatically voiced lines, romance and play with their shallow combat. Game of the year BRO.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I hate action garbage, I have no interest in this at all. Well, fantasy action garbage....

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Well me too, and I fail at seeing any difference with Skyrim. I would not be surprised if Skyrim 2 :smug: surpasses this game where it's supposed to 'shine'.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
People who genuinely think that Bethesda could produce anything like Witcher 3 within the next hundred years must be either Bethtards or potato haters.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yep, it's Shani alright. Look at the pendant.

Finally, Shani lovers can stop bitching now. :salute::salute:

So I guess this is the "small" expansion? Because they said both expansions would be roughly the size of TW2, with one bigger and one smaller.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why do people who have no interest in the subgenre continue to post in threads about it? :M

Jaesun I thought you liked action RPGs as long as they're good, didn't you enjoy Risen or do I remember wrong?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Why do people who have no interest in the subgenre continue to post in threads about it? :M

Jaesun I thought you liked action RPGs as long as they're good, didn't you enjoy Risen or do I remember wrong?

The ONLY action RPG's I have actually enjoyed are SCI-FI ones (ME, SS2, Deus Ex, Half Life etc....). I am so fucking sick sick sick of Fantasy shit. KILL IT WITH FIRE PLEASE.

likaq

Arcane
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/this-is-how-much-the-witcher-3-cost-to-make/1100-6430409/

CD Projekt Red has announced exactly how much money it spent to make the celebrated open-world role-playing game, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Speaking during CD Projekt Red's latest financial briefing, the English translation of which was published today, CEO Adam Kicinski revealed the game's total budget--including development and marketing costs--as 306 million złoty or about $81 million USD.

Skyrim was easily double of that i presume.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom