Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Metalheart baits us with 1.2 patch

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Metalheart: Replicants Rampage

<a href=-"http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/">Dreamcatcher</a> has <a href="http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci/support/pc/patches/mh.php">posted the 1.2 patch</a> for <a href="http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci/metal_heart/index.html">Metalheart: Replicant Rampage</a>. Here's a big list of changes:
<br>
<blockquote><b>Dialog Changes</b>
<br>
<ul><li>In the dialog with Doc Scagnetti in Kresp, the face of Lanthan is displayed instead of doctor's face.
<br>
<li>!heris -> Cheris.</ul>
<br>
<br>
<b>Script Changes</b>
<br>
<ul><li>In the Kresp bar there is no longer an object without a name being sold.
<br>
<li>In the pumping station after localizing of the drunken mutant and on quest end they tell us that the reward will be 100 but in the reality it's 500.
<br>
<li>After starting of nomad quests, Lanthan tells in the dialog with Sahiri in Kresp that he still hasn't found the nomad chosen ones near the bar.
<br>
<li>MG Hurricane has switched sounds for burst and single shots.
<br>
<li>Can't put on the radiation suit on NPCs, so the replicants can die in caves.
<br>
<li>Volcano- a box with a present is set.
<br>
<li>The dogs respond to bait now.
<br>
<li>Empire clone lab - the difficulty script is raised, so you have to use special tactics to pass it.
<br>
<li>The Metalheart group members can now be taken with alt.
<br>
<li>The sign on second enter into the Nomad teleporter now appears.
<br>
<li>Robots no longer wrongly take their turn
<br>
<li>Scripts in the final scene now work correctly on return to earlier locations.
<br>
<li>Sheri's face on lanthans voice in the sarkophague scene corrected.
<br>
<li>In the Shori village, shells must be sold.
<br>
<li>The guitar playing mutant may be met in the mountains, but he refuses to join the team.
<br>
<li>Healing device NBT - new price in shops.
<br>
<li>The spider egg can no longer be taken multiple times for experience.
<br>
<li>Scorpiolas appear near the historian only after the beginning of the hunter quest.
<br>
<li>Entrance into the next location after “load game” (first location – the desert) available.
<br>
<li>Start of the dialogue for trishgain in cosmopor.</ul>
<br>
<br>
<b>Program Changes</b>
<br>
<ul><li>Changed postures in the battle now respect the remaining AP.
<br>
<li>Scrolling speed on the global map increased.
<br>
<li>Superweapons now have crouch & creep.
<br>
<li>Bullet prices now depend on amount.
<br>
<li>The card doesn't give rebate if is in quickslot and not in the inventory.
<br>
<li>Dependence of endurance on endurance level.
<br>
<li>V - display of task version.
<br>
<li>The game version is now saved in saved games.
<br>
<li>The time goes slowly during the battle.
<br>
<li>agency now gives the photos of the task places.
<br>
<li>The adding of object into inventory is fixed.
<br>
<li>After detecting, disarming and picking up of mines the mine neutralizer searches for them again .
<br>
<li>Person with members card now receives discount.
<br>
<li>'X' – show all exit areas
<br>
<li>Slots restore after shopping
<br>
<li>Can now change the 32/16 color depth by LSHIFT and LB-click over the resolution window in the menu options
<br>
<li>Support of Intel-chipsets in laptops.</ul></blockquote>
<br>
<i>Scorpiolas</i>?
<br>

Dragon

Augur
bryce777 said:
Wasn't the biggest complaint the horribly slow scroll speed when you have the cyborgs or whatever?
Has anyone played this and liked it?
The biggest complaint (at least for myself) was the very VERY slow and frustrating walking speed and the ability to run for, let's say, 10 seconds in a row before being exhausted. Oh, yes, and the cyborg cannot run at all..
So, basically, it could take as much as 5 whole minutes to cross the big (very empty) maps without doing nothing apart from walking.

Anybody knows if something about this has been changed since 1.0 ? Or is about to change ? (maybe in 1.7 ?).

bryce777

Erudite
Dragon said:
bryce777 said:
Wasn't the biggest complaint the horribly slow scroll speed when you have the cyborgs or whatever?
Has anyone played this and liked it?
The biggest complaint (at least for myself) was the very VERY slow and frustrating walking speed and the ability to run for, let's say, 10 seconds in a row before being exhausted. Oh, yes, and the cyborg cannot run at all..
So, basically, it could take as much as 5 whole minutes to cross the big (very empty) maps without doing nothing apart from walking.

Anybody knows if something about this has been changed since 1.0 ? Or is about to change ? (maybe in 1.7 ?).

It says that the map speed was increaes dramatically in this patch. I am curious to see if that makes the game worthwhile....

Dhruin

Liturgist
This patch has been out since Nov 22nd, so there should be someone out there with impressions.

Dragon

Augur
bryce777 said:
It says that the map speed was increaes dramatically in this patch. I am curious to see if that makes the game worthwhile....

As I understand it, it's only the scrolling speed (when moving the camera around), not the speed of you party, actually.

Dragon

Augur
bryce777 said:

As I understand it, it's only the scrolling speed (when moving the camera around), not the speed of you party, actually.

bryce777

Erudite
Dragon said:
bryce777 said:

Blah, that is retarded. It is such an easy thing to fix. Companies stupid like that just don't deserve to be in business.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom