Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Spend your Friday evening watching Josh Sawyer play some White March Part 2

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Carrie Patel; J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity; Pillars of Eternity: The White March

In two hours from this news being posted, at 16:00 PST, Obsidian Game Designer Josh Sawyer will be playing some Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2, over at the official Obsidian Twitch channel.

While you're waiting for it to begin, you might want to check out this exclusive video of the expansion's new companion, the Aumaua barbarian Maneha, over at PCGamesN:

The White March Part 2 is being released on Tuesday, February the 16th. Let's hope Unity holds up for the grand showing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So here's something I didn't quite grep when I watched this last night. Apparently there's a new soulbound weapon that you upgrade by murdering backer NPCs. :lol:

There will also be a soulbound shield and soulbound armor.

Oh, and Josh hints at an item quality level above Legendary.

Shin

Cipher
So I watched bits of the stream and was not very impressed. As someone who only bought and played the main game but got bored at about 50% of the story and quit, why should I care about this? Does it make the game less.... dull? Is creating/customizing (in terms of skills/abilities) now actually fun?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
A wall of text to tell him that it's his fault for not having fun and totally not the game's?

You typically can do that in a few words, why do you need a wall of text now?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So here's something I didn't quite grep when I watched this last night. Apparently there's a new soulbound weapon that you upgrade by murdering backer NPCs. :lol:

3 backer npcs OR 15 normal enemies, for the bleeding hearts. Or people that have already murdered all of them.

Oh, and Josh hints at an item quality level above Legendary.
I would have to rewatch, but didn't he say something like "there are more powerful items than legendary". I just took it to mean the soulbounds and their great On Hit effects. Rather than another acc/dmg boost level.

Prime Junta

So I watched bits of the stream and was not very impressed. As someone who only bought and played the main game but got bored at about 50% of the story and quit, why should I care about this? Does it make the game less.... dull? Is creating/customizing (in terms of skills/abilities) now actually fun?

If you haven't played it since the 2.0 update, give it another shot. If you still don't like it, then forget about it.

Shin

Cipher

If you haven't played it since the 2.0 update, give it another shot. If you still don't like it, then forget about it.

thanks for the reply

now I'm just wondering if I'll miss out on any classes/abilities/spells/etc if I don't buy the expansions but do play (vanilla) with the patch that is supposed to go along with TwM pt 2? Not in the sense of high-level stuff or quest related abilities but more in the general sense (I'll be starting over..again)

damager

Arbiter
Damn, the graphics and music is so beautiful. Shame that the systems suck.

Prime Junta

now I'm just wondering if I'll miss out on any classes/abilities/spells/etc if I don't buy the expansions but do play (vanilla) with the patch that is supposed to go along with TwM pt 2? Not in the sense of high-level stuff or quest related abilities but more in the general sense (I'll be starting over..again)

You'll only miss out on the higher level cap and the items. The new stuff in classes and abilities is all in the patches which also apply to vanilla. There are a couple of grimoires with special spells in the expansion, which I don't think you can pick leveling up, but that's about it.

You can always buy the expansion if you decide you like the game after all; you can't access them until chapter 2 anyway. I wouldn't buy them up-front if you're not sure.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
From my own experience and impressions, enjoying PoE has these prerequisites:
1. If you want your decisions during combat to matter, including food/potions, only play on PotD.
2. If it's still too easy, play with only 5 or only 4 party members.
3. The combat part of game starts to get more interesting after level 6, by which time you usually have a few talents to play around with for every class.
4. If you've been irritated by the fact that you can't tell what part of your attributes and stats is coming from where, they have included breakdowns in the UI in the next patch. You will now be able to see where each point in accuracy or deflection, for example, is coming from and adjust. I'm glad to say I was the one who bitched about this feature the most on the Obsidian forum.
5. Forget about PoE ever pretending to be a spiritual successor of the IE games, and just take it for what it is.

Last edited:
That'd probably be Divine Divinity.

I was referring to isometric sprites background. I really don't understand the praise to Divinity : I never got to finish it and a lot of people didn't because the story is not that interesting and the game does not feel serious. It looks and feels like a french game :)) but with good combat

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

I was referring to isometric sprites background. I really don't understand the praise to Divinity : I never got to finish it and a lot of people didn't because the story is not that interesting and the game does not feel serious. It looks and feels like a french game :)) but with good combat
PoE is not isometric.

PoE is not isometric.

Pillars of Eternity is an isometric, party-based computer RPG set in a new fantasy world developed by Obsidian Entertainment.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I figure Excidium is sperging about the actual isometric term: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isometric_projection

But then Divine Divinity (he's not talking about Original Sin, btw) is not actually isometric either.

Regardless...

I never got to finish it and a lot of people didn't because the story is not that interesting and the game does not feel serious.

Go fuck yourself and your "serious" PoE shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom