Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Spend your Friday evening watching Josh Sawyer play some White March Part 2

Murk

Arcane
Still looks great, the art in it has aged verrrry well. The 3d effects, maybe not so much, but the backgrounds/sprites/2d stuff is gorgeous.

Severian Silk

DD looks p bad IMO. The graphical perspective used is the worst part, followed by drab colors and amateurish 3D models. DOS is a big improvement, if you like the goofy WoW-style cartoon aesthetic.

Don't argue with me. I'm right.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That'd probably be Divine Divinity.

I was referring to isometric sprites background. I really don't understand the praise to Divinity : I never got to finish it and a lot of people didn't because the story is not that interesting and the game does not feel serious. It looks and feels like a french game :)) but with good combat
PoE is not isometric.

Pillars of Eternity is an isometric, party-based computer RPG set in a new fantasy world developed by Obsidian Entertainment.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity
No, that was Project Eternity. What we got is a different game called Pillars of Eternity. Do you really think a change of name was random? :)

That'd probably be Divine Divinity.

I was referring to isometric sprites background. I really don't understand the praise to Divinity : I never got to finish it and a lot of people didn't because the story is not that interesting and the game does not feel serious. It looks and feels like a french game :)) but with good combat
PoE is not isometric.

Pillars of Eternity is an isometric, party-based computer RPG set in a new fantasy world developed by Obsidian Entertainment.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity
No, that was Project Eternity. What we got is a different game called Pillars of Eternity. Do you really think a change of name was random? :)
:dance:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
so what looks more fun to play? this or Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear?

Sizzle

Arcane
Depends on what you prefer.

I'm personally looking forward to this more, but that's primarily because after BG1&2EE I don't really have a lot of faith in Beamdog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom