Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity; Pillars of Eternity: The White March

The second and final part of the Pillars of Eternity: The White March expansion has just been released, along with the accompanying version 3.0 update. The game seems to be reviewing decently, better than the first part did, although there aren't many reviews (PCWorld, PCInvasion, MMORPG.com). It's available on Steam or GOG for $15 (ownership of Part 1 is required), or together with Part 1 for $25. Those of you who pre-ordered the expansion during the Kickstarter campaign should get it automatically. Here's the trailer and description:

Pillars of Eternity -The White March Part II is the conclusion to the grand expansion pack for Obsidian’s critically acclaimed RPG, Pillars of Eternity. Returning to the frozen north, your party will learn additional secrets about the gods of Eora as they adventure through brand new content. With the aid of a new companion, your party will face challenging new enemies and bosses.
  • Main Features:
  • Climactic Conclusion: Part II offers a climatic conclusion to the White March story, adding a wealth of new content to the world of Pillars of Eternity.
  • Higher Character Levels: Two new character levels have been included, adding dozens of new and unique abilities to the game while raising the level cap from 14 to 16.
  • Story Mode: For people who would love to experience the rich and deep story of Pillars of Eternity, Story Mode lets players get through combat more quickly.
  • Stronghold Improvements: The player stronghold has been updated to give special rewards, add rich stories, and present new challenges.
  • New Barbarian Companion: With the introduction of Maneha the Barbarian, all 11 classes of Pillars of Eternity now have a unique companion representing them, each with their own personalities and quests.
  • Expanded Skill Uses: Both the Athletics and Survival skills have been updated to be more compelling, allowing for greater choices in making unique characters that are tailored to your playstyle.
  • Improved UI: The character action bar has been made more streamlined, there is better feedback during combat, and there is a more comprehensive breakdown of your characters' stats.
  • Knockout Injuries: There is now an optional difficulty feature

Thus ends the three and a half year saga of the development of one of the most controversial games in Codex history (barring the inevitable balance patch or two). What next for Obsidian Entertainment and Pillars of Eternity? Judging by all the hints they keep dropping, we'll probably find out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Note on Codex-Obsidian relations: MMORPG.com got a preview key, the Codex did not.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
KKK-Marching.jpg

Yeah it looks good.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
First Steam review:

Some real nice fixes. Awesome new Barbarian class. Great add-on all around. New mobs are creepy and cool and extra level caps most definitely help. Grand conclusion to an exciting and well written DLC.

Prime Junta

One of these days I'm going to post my review of the La Pavoni Europiccola espresso machine as a Steam review of something or other.

Pros: looks pretty and makes great espresso if you learn to use it
Cons: leaks steam and water from everywhere, has a tendency to fall into bits, will kill you with heat or electric shock if you don't watch out

Arthandas

Prophet
Patch 3.0? Maybe I'll give it a try now.

EDIT
LOL, G2A has ru-cis royal edition with preorder bonuses for like 6$. I... I can't really say no to that.

I'm sure there will be more patches to come, but I've waited long enough. Let's get this started.

On a side note: has it been confirmed whether Obsidian is planning to expand PoE further, or are they moving on now?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What the fuck I downloaded part 2 and the new patches for the base game and part 1 but it keeps telling me there was a problem with the base game patch
The game runs but I dont know...does that mean the patch was not applied?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
What the fuck I downloaded part 2 and the new patches for the base game and part 1 but it keeps telling me there was a problem with the base game patch
The game runs but I dont know...does that mean the patch was not applied?
Quickest way to know would be to check some ability that was changed in the patch logs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I am going to wait for patching to be done first. No way I am playing PoE again without IEmod.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Did they finally fixed the fortress? No? Ok.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom