Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear; Beamdog

Beamdog's day of reckoning has arrived! After a few last minute technical hiccups, their first original title, Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, has been released. Will Beamdog join the ranks of the RPG Renaissance alongside inXile, Obsidian, Larian and the rest, or slink away in shame like their unfortunate cousins-in-licensing at n-Space? We shall learn that in the coming weeks. Without further ado, the trailer and description:

Though Sarevok is dead and his plan for war averted, peace eludes the citizens of Baldur's Gate. A crusade marches from the north, seizing supplies, forcing locals into military service, and disrupting trade along the Sword Coast. A charismatic warrior known as the Shining Lady leads this army, her background shrouded in mystery. Can the rumors be true—is she, like you, the child of a god?

The closer you get to the Shining Lady, the more you realize your father, the dead Lord of Murder still casts a long shadow upon your path. Baldur's Gate has put its faith in you, but you must determine whose interests you truly serve before you face the Shining Lady among the ruins of Dragonspear Castle...

The first new game in the Baldur’s Gate series in over a decade, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear adds a new chapter to the Bhaalspawn saga. The events occurring between Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II are at last revealed in this 25-hour adventure.

Features
  • A new chapter in the Baldur's Gate saga
  • A sharp and subtle adventure that pits you against an enigmatic new foe
  • Venture through the vibrant new hand-painted areas of the Sword Coast
  • Import your character from BG:EE and continue the story in BGII:EE
  • Four new player soundsets to customize your hero
  • The original cast returns to kick butt for goodness - along with four new additions!
  • Updated UI and improved Infinity engine features
  • 25+ hours of gameplay
  • New items, quests, and a new class: the Shaman!
  • Original soundtrack by Sam Hulick
  • Functional, extensively tested cross-platform multiplayer on all supported platforms
  • "Story Mode" difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens

Siege of Dragonspear is available now on Steam or directly from Beamdog, and should be released on GOG soon as well. The price is $20, but it is an expansion for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, so you'll have to get that too. Thankfully, BG:EE has a steep 75% discount on Steam and Beamdog until next week, so the total package will cost you just $25. If you'd like more information before you buy, there are a couple of launch day reviews at PCWorld and VentureBeat. They're quite positive, although the PCWorld review mentions that the expansion has a peculiar linear structure that sets it apart from the other Infinity Engine games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Namutree

Savant
I'm having trouble using my custom portraits after installing Dragonspear. If anyone has encountered this problem and knows a solution I would greatly appreciate being told what that solution is.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn them charismatic warriors, always marching in from north, portraying to be gods or their children.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm looking forward to some Codex impressions. Is it really the PoE killer Codexians hope it is?

Although the trailer already revealed the typical mainstream bullshit, that RPGs has to be OHMYGODIAMSOEPIC-LOOKAT THIS HUGE FIGHT WITH A MILLION UNITS - which is totally unlike BG ever was.

Namutree

Savant
I'm looking forward to some Codex impressions. Is it really the PoE killer Codexians hope it is?

Although the trailer already revealed the typical mainstream bullshit, that RPGs has to be OHMYGODIAMSOEPIC-LOOKAT THIS HUGE FIGHT WITH A MILLION UNITS - which is totally unlike BG ever was.
I suppose they didn't want it to be just more of the same.

Xzar

Augur
Not even a promotional graphics on Steam main page like those of F4 and MGS5? Tis a shame for such franchise. AoD level sales confirmed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not even a promotional graphics on Steam main page like those of F4 and MGS5? Tis a shame for such franchise. AoD level sales confirmed.

Heh, sadly since it's a DLC we can't spy on its sales on Steamspy. Best we can do is estimate a lower bound by looking at achievement stats.

Shin

Cipher
they could probably sell me a steaming turd if they played that fucking BG theme music

assholes

Deleted member 7219

I looked at the credits, Alan Miranda worked on this game. He made Darkness over Daggerford. Mysteries of Westgate and also worked on Neverwinter Nights.

Fair play to these guys. They are making actual new games now rather than remaster old classics. I wish them the best.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I'm very interested in what comes next after that, provided that it will be a success for 'em.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is exactly why I've been telling people to hold off on BG 2 for the last 15 years.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Is there a place where I can see all mods that are compatible with EE games, with the latest version, etc?

If I play BGEE with mods, will my saves import into Dragonspear?

All mods that are compatible with 1.3 are incompatible with this new version, correct?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
7th place on Steam now, so at least it's not tanking completely.

7th place on Steam now, so at least it's not tanking completely.

Second now.

Like the look of it :
ss_7af92c13753932e800c476be33a231d5e9330791.1920x1080.jpg

ss_73671dc5402180e3d65e5ebb5cd7b0d98f12a32b.1920x1080.jpg

Taskityo

Educated
I don't imagine people that are obsessed with stuff like F4 are interested in Infinity games anyways, since you can't build minecraft houses.

I'm more interested to know if its at least a decent enough addition to BG/BGII itself, rather than a 'PoE' competitor - they can save trying that for BG3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom