Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeons of Aledorn Alpha Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dungeons of Aledorn; Team 21

Remember Dungeons of Aledorn, the Betrayal at Krondor and Realms of Arkania-inspired Czech indie RPG that was successfully Kickstarted last March? Although the Codex mostly lost interest in it afterwards, development on the game has quietly progressed since then, and after a couple of postponements, its alpha was released to eligible backers earlier this week. The latest Kickstarter update has the details on that, including a gameplay video showcasing exploration, combat and dialogue:

Greetings to all friends, gamers, backers and followers. Today, we have some good news, the twice-postponed alpha version of "Dungeons of Aledorn" (DoA) is finally here. We briefly want to tell you what you can expect in the alpha version and why it took so long.

Starting today, a total of 119 backers are eligible to download and try out the game in its current state. If you hit the KickStarter rank of "Black Bear" or better, check you email for further instructions. And now, straight onto the features of the alpha version. Your pre-designed party of 3 heroes (Warrior, Rogue and Wizard) finds itself in the small town of Manto. You can roam around freely, search for hidden treasures or enter into dialogue with some NPCs. You can also accept a few quests and one of them can be even successfully completed.

When you decide to leave the town, you can head into the nearby forest area populated with some hostile creatures. Up to 4 battles are ready to test your strategic thinking skills and at the same time you can try out the feature to choose the exact spot where the battle will be fought. Defeated enemies can be searched for loot and equipment.

We recommend that you read the "Accompanying Document" contained in the downloaded files since you can learn lots of useful information there. The document also includes a list of implemented and not yet implemented features.

We will greatly appreciate it if you decide to spend some time playing the game and report any bugs or problems on our forum. Fixing bugs and various issues was the major reason why the alpha version release took so long.

In conclusion, what does the alpha version mean to us and why did we decide to share it with you? As we promised on KickStarter, your opinion is very important to us and we hope that we will get enough feedback to ensure that our efforts are pointed in the right direction. DoA is being developed mainly for you and we are open to your suggestions in order to make DoA an unforgettable experience for everyone.

Thank you once more for your patience and have fun testing the alpha!

Looks nice. Those transitions from first-person exploration to top-down tactical combat in the same map never stop being cool.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like everything I'm seeing here, except I'm having trouble shaking the vaporware vibe.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
First person RT exploration with 3D isometric TB combat?

It's almost as if the developer made this game exclusively for me.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
I can't see why is it exclusive for you.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
It's like, how much more brown could this be? And the answer is none. None more brown.

R@tmaster

Educated
What exciting quests! Goblins Fortress, Farmers Troubles. WOW! I can't wait.

Last edited:

m_s0

Arcane
I like everything I'm seeing here, except I'm having trouble shaking the vaporware vibe.
I don't get that impression. If anything, this game looks very reasonable in terms of prioritizing and scaling back on elements which it does not need, and for which they do not have the budget.

This is a really impressive piece of work so far, actually. Very encouraging.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It looks like the diarrhea dump I took this morning.

More FANTEESY.. Ohh goood. Can't wait....

SniperHF

Arcane
Totally forgot but apparently I backed this :M. Not high enough for the Alpha tier though.

Team 21

NoEZ Games
Developer
I am glad that you are interested in alpha. Perhaps in that we will continue with beta ;)

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I am glad that you are interested in alpha. Perhaps in that we will continue with beta ;)

I like what I played of the alpha. Got a question that I asked in the other thread in GRPG: will the game have environmental interactions like in Original Sin?

Team 21

NoEZ Games
Developer

I like what I played of the alpha. Got a question that I asked in the other thread in GRPG: will the game have environmental interactions like in Original Sin?
Original sin, I unfortunately did not play, but we are planning an interactive environment. If you think that you can move objects, overturning a table, set fire to hay, etc ...
Nefarit

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Team 21
Do you plan to add a better area transition, instead of this unfriendly arrow when the party reaches the end of an area?I'm thinking about signposts like "to the swamp" and things like that so the party will know where they will travel and where to go for a specifically chosen destination, unless the not yet implemented map function will offer that
When "swimming", will we be able dive deeper.Also, I guess it would be fine to decrease movement speed when swimming to and even more, please disable the run mode when swimming : it's weird to swim as fast as run

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom