Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Gothic III fan Q&A at JoWood forums

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Gothic III; Piranha Bytes

There's a <a href=http://forum.jowood.de/showthread.php?t=115197>thread</a> at the <a href=http://forum.jowood.de/forumdisplay.php?f=251>JoWood Gothic III forums</a> that contains a fan interview with the folks at Piranha Bytes about Gothic III. There's a whopping 75 questions scattered over two pages, so it ought to be interesting reading for fans.<blockquote>24.) How do you evaluate Gothic 3 ? Which improvement do you see most innovative ? by x850xt
<br>
<br>
Gothic 3 is what you would expect from a worthy successor, and it is even more. In the last few weeks we were able to recreate and refurbish the incomparable atmosphere of Gothic on the new technology, so starting with the game feels like a return into the well known and fascinating world of Gothic. I personally am enthusiastic about every new feature our programmers are providing us and I just can't believe what our self-built engine can offer. I am mostly impressed by the new animation system and its use during combat and the shader effects we use for the water and shiny materials, surface structures, skin ... But this are things other Piranhas might tell you more about.
<br>
<br>
Oh and of course: The new music system and the dynamic orchestral sound ... extra amazing !</blockquote>Nice question. "Out of all the awesome and innovative elements of the game, which is your favourite, and how awesomely innovative is it?" I expect more hard-hitting questions from fan Q&As on a publisher's official forum!
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
a dev said:
Of course gloomy dungeons won't be missing in Gothic 3, but the game focuses on events happening on the surface. Passionate cavers will be offered some nice dungeons, but most of the game will take place in sun-/monnlight.
That's good. The previous two games showed that Piranha Bytes, while they might excel in other areas, profoundly suck at creating dungeons.

Sisyphus

Novice
13.) Will we meet more pacific animals like sheeps in Gothic 2 ? by DeadlyArrow

Yes, absolutely. From butterflies over sheeps to screen-filling (if you stand right in front of it) animals you will find a huge variety of decorative fauna in the world of Gothic 3.

A question *I* certainly had at the forefront my mind! I can sleep better now after knowing the answer... :)

Balor

Arcane
Sisyphus said:
13.) Will we meet more pacific animals like sheeps in Gothic 2 ? by DeadlyArrow

Yes, absolutely. From butterflies over sheeps to screen-filling (if you stand right in front of it) animals you will find a huge variety of decorative fauna in the world of Gothic 3.

A question *I* certainly had at the forefront my mind! I can sleep better now after knowing the answer... :)

You like sheep that much? And sleep better with...
Yuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom