Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Gary Gygax interview at HomeLAN Fed

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

<A href="http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLAN Fed</a> has posted up an <A href="http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=12243">interview</a> with <b>Gary Gygax</b>, which covers what D&D CRPGs he's interested in and what he thinks about his system being used as the basis for so many of them, as well as other things.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>HomeLAN</b> - How do you feel about Dungeons and Dragons becoming the inspiration for so many PC RPG titles?
<br>
<br>
<b>Gary Gygax</b> - Of course imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and that I am! Without knowing it at the time I wrote the original game material, and many adventures thereafter, I had used the Mythic Quest formula, and with some extra alements Joseph Campell didn't mention but are in those old legends, to create something that resonated with many people. I mentioned this in a little-known book I wrote some years back, Master of the Game. anyway, it is a great feeling knowing that I contributed so much to entertaining so large an audience.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
It's interesting he later mentions that he's interested in <A href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a>'s <i>Temple of Elemental Evil</i>, though. Go <b>Timmy</b>!
<br>

Spazmo

Erudite
What's sad is that Gary Gygax, the Dungeon King, is now working on an MMORPG. He ought to be right beside Tim Cain, making monstrously huge games!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I would definitely love to see a cooperation between Troika and Gary Gygax. It'd be the best thing since sliced bread!

Rosh

Erudite
Yeah

The final prisoner was dispatched by being drilled through the head.

That was good, if just for the mental imagery involved.

Pun intended.

Rosh

Erudite
THAT imagery I could have gone without. it's bad enough with some DACers postng up Transformers slash art, but damn, Saint...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom