Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #36: E3 2017 Gameplay Video, Producer Commentary Edition

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Brennecke; Katrina Garsten; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

For their new Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Fig update, Obsidian have taken a page out of inXile's book and put together a commentary edition of the IGN gameplay footage from E3. It features the narration of executive producer Adam Brennecke, with an intro and outro by the chipper Katrina Garsten:

There aren't a lot of truly new details here, but lore experts will be interested to know that the pocket dimension at the end is apparently called "The Beyond". There'll be more Deadfire news in July, including another Josh Sawyer Q&A Twitch stream on July 12th, this time guest starring lead character artist Dimitri Berman.

Visbhume

Prophet
At 8:38 we see characters repulsed by an attack. These kinds of effects can help enliven the combat. Exploding barrels and giants grabbing characters are also good.

I would like to see a RTWP isometric game with more "realistic", slightly less abstracted physics. Objects and characters with inertia, for bashing doors and making charge attacks for example.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Which cuck at Obsi thought encounter design = giant golem :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Oh man, you are so funny, and edgy. Seriously, this is the best joke on the Codex so far. You called them cuck because you don't like their giant golem. They are cucks indeed, putting a golem in the game. And their encounter design is obviously equals giant golem. Hahaha, I would buy you a beer if I met you. And all those laughing smiles, just make the joke better. Don't mind that putting a golem into the game has nothing to do wiith their encounter design in general, but lets just laugh at it, because you used cuck and 5 smiles.

Fucking idiot.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The same thing as the first PoE but with some extra shit on top.

Bad parts: Parrot companion. Encounter design. New weather system - it's raining but no NPC takes shelter. TTON vibes.

Good parts: Visuals and the world map.

Is this the only Obsidian project in the pipeline?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Bad parts: Parrot companion. Encounter design. New weather system - it's raining but no NPC takes shelter. TTON vibes.

we still have the super duper ultra secret AAA tim cain and leonard boyarsky combo game

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

anyway i wonder if the weather will affect combat or something. like in a rain, there will be a penalty to ranged weapon accuracy, but buff electric or wind related spells, because if they added those it'd be better than just people taking cover from the rain, etc.

as for encounter, nothing looks special yet except for that worms in the sand. it's like they really are ambushing their prey and with the battlefield effect, i think that one is quite neat.

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
That part where he says "it's important for us that there are different ways to solve a situation" and then sneaks around and steals the key? Well, that's a big improvement on kill-everything Pillars 1 style. I hope he didn't just make that up for the video.

Prime Junta

That part where he says "it's important for us that there are different ways to solve a situation" and then sneaks around and steals the key? Well, that's a big improvement on kill-everything Pillars 1 style. I hope he didn't just make that up for the video.

"Thou shalt provide uses for every skill present in thy game." Fifth commandment of Sawyerity. Not gonna be an isolated instance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom