Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Obsidian & Stoic RPG Panel + Pillars of Eternity II Streams at PAX East 2018

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Aarik Dorobiala; Carrie Patel; Josh Sawyer; Matt Rhoades; Mikey Dowling; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Stoic Studio; Versus Evil; Zeb West

Obsidian are at PAX East this weekend to promote Pillars of Eternity II. Their publisher Versus Evil has been running a daily stream for the duration of the event, and today they put together a panel featuring Josh Sawyer and Carrie Patel along with The Banner Saga's Zeb West and Matt Rhoades, entitled "Role Playing - Our Lives Depend on It". It was just a generic RPG Q&A, only interesting for learning a bit about Carrie's background while watching Josh keep it real. Oh, and it ends with the announcement that the cast of Critical Role, voice actor Matthew Mercer's roleplaying web series, will all be doing voice acting in Pillars of Eternity II. Which is a big deal for somebody, apparently. You can also watch Mikey Dowling announce that here (but you really shouldn't).

As for Versus Evil's daily stream, Josh was on it yesterday along with loyal sidekick Aarik Dorobiala to show off the new version of the Pillars of Eternity II beta and talk about the game's combat mechanics, including ship-to-ship combat as well as regular battles. Despite the familiarity of the content at this point, it was a pretty entertaining watch, especially when Aarik got his ass whooped several times by the new upgraded Engwithan Titan.

There was also a Pillars II stream the day before that with Mikey Dowling and Aarik, but it's not the same without the Sawyer.

Xeon

Augur
Didn't watch a lot of it since I didn't want fillers with the hosts and Stoics. Carrie Patel seems the opposite of Jennifer Hepler I think? Hepler said something about combat skip mode or something so only story is important but Petal seems to say challenges are important too or something so that's something.

Hope the story will be better than PoE1, also someone said she wrote all the characters as well, that's a lot of writing for one person I think.

Sentinel

Arcane
All this talk of "PoE2 is even bigger than PoE1" makes me even more worried. The bigger the game is the more space there is for bland shit or extremely bad pacing issues. I seriously hope the crit path is short like F:NV.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
Ugh that presentation was fucking awful. Host interrupts with twitch-style comedy, the player doesn't know what he's doing and loses multiple fights on easy level, they don't describe anything that's happening, and Josh is still revising a ton of things a month from release.

I thought it'd be passable as a dungeon crawl with an OK story, but I'll be very surprised if this is anything but mediocre/bad at release.

duanth123

Arcane
I can't wait to fight an "Engwithan Titan" after sailing my Earth history pirate ship to an actual desert island.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom