Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Druidstone gets its first trailer, coming Spring 2019

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ctrl Alt Ninja; Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest

Ctrl Alt Ninja have finally released a trailer for Druidstone, and we didn't even have to wait until Christmas! As its shiny new Steam page reveals, the game is due out in Spring 2019. There are also details about its story, gameplay and inspirations. I quote:

The druids of the Menhir Forest are troubled. Not only has the Archdruid disappeared, a darkness in the form of purple cysts has fallen upon the forest. It is up to Aava, the daughter of the Archdruid and her new-found companions Leonhard, a mysterious man with no past, and Oiko the mage, a dropout from the guild of Red Priests, to rescue the Archdruid and find out the truth behind the sinister events. As if this wasn't enough, a murderous maniac impersonating Leonhard is at loose in the forest....

Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest is a labor of love from the makers of the critically acclaimed Legend of Grimrock series. Druidstone is a tactical, single-player, turn-based roleplaying game, which combines the best qualities of modern RPGs with the elegance of tactical boardgames. Every action, every turn counts as you control your party of heroes through handcrafted, challenging missions with varying objectives.

Druidstone is set in a unique fantasy world, Elo Sphaera, filled with ancient, lush forests, standing stones, snow-topped mountains, deadly creatures and puzzle-ridden ruins. The epic story about love and death is centered around the main characters Leonhard, Aava and Oiko, who will along the way meet up with unexpected companions and villains, each with their unique personalities and abilities.

Get ready to venture forth and uncover the secrets of the Menhir Forest!

Key Features
  • A tactical turn- and tile-based battle system where every action, every turn counts.
  • Upgrade the abilities of your heroes as you see fit using power gems obtained by completing missions and discovering hidden treasures.
  • Challenging, hand-crafted missions with playtimes ranging from 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
  • Solve devious non-combat puzzle levels to obtain rare equipment.
  • A gripping, fantastic story of love and death centered around the main characters Leonhard, Aava and Oiko.
  • A unique fantasy setting combining elements from western RPGs, JRPGs and tactical boardgames in unexpected ways.
  • Play custom missions created by others or make your own campaigns with the upcoming Druidstone Level Editor available as a post release update.

Looks pretty slick. Sort of like Divinity: Original Sin meets JRPGs. I know lots of people will appreciate those fast animations.

Drowed

Arcane
I really enjoyed the fact that the animations are fast. The game looks interesting, taking the video and the description. Cautiously optimistic here.

Looks like writing isn't their strong side (focus) with lines like: "yikes!" and "I'm sorry, they took your father" :D

Could still be fun I guess.

I'm in.
Big fan of the two LoG despise the real-time combat.
If this will be half as good in terms of puzzles and level design, while switching to the blatantly superior turn-based tactical combat, it could turn out genuinely great.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck yeah, this looks fantastic. These boys know what makes dungeon gameplay tick, can't wait for em to flex their muscles in the turn-based genre.
A bit of a shame that they completely dropped the random dungeon bit, but oh well.

DarkArcher

Educated
It certainly has potential. The dialogue (as others have pointed out) doesn't look sparkling, but it does look fun.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

reminds me to complete Grimrock. I have it on Steam, but got distracted with other games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some people dropped out to do other things after Grimrock 2, so they created a new company for this game to reflect the new ownership structure. Presumably it was easier to do it that way then renegotiate old contracts or whatever.

Last edited:

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
A bit of a shame that they completely dropped the random dungeon bit, but oh well.

Uh, what? The fact they stopped throwing randomly generated shit at you is like the best news about this game since its announcement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom