Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News West of Loathing - Reckonin' at Gun Manor DLC released

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tags: Asymmetric; West of Loathing

West of Loathing, the greatly overlooked and underappreciated 2017 stick figure western parody RPG that for some reason has never been posted about on the front page because Infinitron is too busy with Obsidian's updates about updates about kickstarter updates, has just been upgraded with DLC. Reckonin' at Gun Manor is a short new adventure that will take you through a spooky haunted house.

A ghostly carriage arrives in Dirtwater. Only you can see it, and it only goes one place -- the mysterious Gun Manor.

A brand new West of Loathing adventure, full of all the things you've come to expect from the Loathing brand:
  • A few more hours of that sweet, sweet gameplay
  • Fiendish new monsters
  • Useful new items
  • Challenging puzzles (which are also new)
  • Scads of new goofs and gags
  • No new gulches (sorry, we're all gulched out)
Who can solve the mystery of Gun Manor? Is it you? It's probably you.​

You can pick it up on Steam for a grand total of 17.99 PLN (or something around $5 if you use imaginary money), and if you liked the base game, then you probably should.

lightbane

Arcane
:yeah::incline::incline::bounce:

I have been waiting for more stuff for this awesomesauce game for SO LONG... Instant purchase for me, even if I can't play Steam games right now. The game is worth it.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
WoL is the shit. Looking at the screenshots, I was a bit hesitant to buy the game, as I thought I'd be in for a shitty mobile game designed for five year olds. However, after seeing all the praise here on the Codex I decided to give it a try, and I'm damn glad I did. It's highly original and really damn fun to play. I'm no doubt giving money to the dev for this DLC, as I enjoyed WoL more than a lot of triple A bullshit with insanely bigger budgets.

Murk

Arcane
Game has a great soundtrack too, something between Neverhood and Ennio Morricone

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still have to check it out. I disregarded the main game since I was so upset they went for a wild West setting over the awesome Kingdom of loathing. I want my Sealclubbers, Turtletamers and Sauceomancy back :negative:

But maybe it is time to buy the hatchet
get it?
hatchet
as in cowboys and Indians
like wild West

Lurker47

Savant
I hope this becomes more of a thing. Haven't played West of Loathing yet ( :negative:) but it seems like my kind of game. I really want them to keep making games like these- especially if they stick with the wild west motiff.

Angthoron

Arcane
I played WoL twice at this point, once on my own and once with a friend (coach co-op) and it's a pretty fun game, definitely in spirit of KoL. Lots of laughs were had. Gonna get the addon for sure, thanks Rox

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom