Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Solasta Kickstarter Update #26: Campaign over, Sorcerer will be free post-launch DLC

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Tactical Adventures

The Solasta: Crown of the Magister Kickstarter campaign concluded this afternoon having raised €243,855 from 5995 backers, which is a bit over €6k from the Sorcerer class stretch goal. Unlike some other Kickstarter developers, Tactical Adventures have decided not to continue raising funds after the campaign via PayPal, so the Sorcerer won't make it into the game on launch. However, due to popular demand it will be released as a free DLC afterwards. The Half-Orc and Dragonborn are out of luck though, at least for now. Anyway, here's a summary of the campaign from the concluding Kickstarter update, including a list of all the social and referral rewards I was too lazy to pay attention to.

That's it, the Campaign is over! The entire Tactical Adventures crew thanks you, each and everyone of you who made this Kickstarter a success. It was a wild month, but worth all the effort! But we're sure you're wondering about the last Stretch Goals. Did we make it or not?

Sorcerer Class - Free DLC!

We fell short of the Sorcerer Stretch Goal, which means we most likely won't be able to add it to the final game... at launch, that is! We've seen how much love this class received in the comments and on our social media channels, so we decided to offer the Sorcerer Class as FREE DLC after we wrap up Solasta: Crown of the Magister!

Get ready to sling Empowered Fireballs and Twinned Haste, for the Sorcerer will definitively make its way to Solasta!

So, what are the next steps now that our Kickstarter Campaign is over?
  • On October 18th 2019, our Free Kickstarter Pre-Alpha Demo will leave our Steam Page as the entire team's focus shifts towards working on the final game.
  • In early November 2019 (next month), you will receive a mail from CrowdOx - our Pledge Manager - to manage your Kickstarter Rewards, select additional Physical Add-Ons and pay the Shipping Fees (if you have physical items in your rewards). We will make a Kickstarter Update next Monday (October 7th) to go in more details about that.
  • We will write Kickstarter Updates on a Monthly basis to keep you informed about Features, Lore and Project Progress. If you want to read more, we write Dev Blogs every week on our Website.
  • Don't hesitate to join our Community if you haven't already! You can chat with us on Official Forums & Discord Server.
Let's go over everything we unlocked during this Kickstarter!

Referral Rewards

We are happy to announce that as of today, we've reached the final tier of Referral Rewards! Thanks to everyone who brought their friends to the Kickstarter, every backer will receive these three magic items: The Dwarven Bread, The Six League Boots & The One Ring! Once again, your support in sharing Solasta out there really helped a lot, many cheers to all of you!

Social Rewards

We've also just reached 1,000 Facebook Fans, unlocking the next Social Reward: 4 Solastan Archetypes on D&D Beyond Homebrew System! We will add these Archetypes before end of October, and inform you via Kickstarter Update once they're live. You have unlocked over the course of this campaign:
That's it for us folks! Thanks again for your support! Let's meet again soon, keep an eye out for more news on Solasta!
Thus ends another successful crowdfunding campaign. Enjoy the pre-alpha demo while it lasts. It'll be nice if they eventually release some sort of Early Access to replace it.

Dorateen

Arcane
Realms Beyond last year, and now Solasta. Both turn-based D&D OGL with full party creation, successfully crowdfunded. I hope this augurs well for Knights of the Chalice 2.

I only wish Seven Dragon Saga hadn't overreached and gone for a goal of US$ 400,000 in 2015.

deuxhero

Arcane
Wonder if and by how much the demo improved donations. A quarter of a million dolars is a pretty good haul for an unknown (as far as I'm aware) studio that doesn't have any big name devs (Just a pair of old school Warhammer writers).

Realms Beyond last year, and now Solasta. Both turn-based D&D OGL with full party creation, successfully crowdfunded. I hope this augurs well for Knights of the Chalice 2.

I only wish Seven Dragon Saga hadn't overreached and gone for a goal of US$ 400,000 in 2015.

Owlcat's second Pathfinder game is confirmed to have a kickstarter this year. Maybe they'll add turn based combat (If nothing else the mod should be portable if they don't do retarded things to the engine). I fully expect them to wait at least a month after this has finished to avoid conflict (if not wait till after the consoletard ports come out).

getter77

Augur
There was also the Amplitude connection that surely helped shore folks up.

Much like the Sorcerer DLC, hopefully all else that remained out of reach and whatever they had waiting unseen in the wings simple rolls into their general development roadmap of updates, expansions, etc providing actual sales get sorted well and true---bound to be some surprises in the sum of things beyond the precisely enumerated bits of the KS.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Spiders walking down walls are cool.

We're a bit late to the party but we'll be doing a campaign for this - Infinitron will spam you all with details.

Codex Year of the Donut
Spiders walking down walls are cool.

We're a bit late to the party but we'll be doing a campaign for this - Infinitron will spam you all with details.
Will we get the game for every 25 euro paid or will you get only one key (for Infinitron obviously)?
Infinitron gets one key for each $25 you donate

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom