Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News PC Gaming Show 2020: Weird West & The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Artefacts Studio; Dear Villagers; Raphael Colantonio; The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos; Weird West; Wolfeye Studios

After the Guerrilla Collective came the PC Gaming Show, this year a series of prerecorded segments rather than a live stage show. With two heavyweights of the roleplaying genre having already been addressed by the preceding event, the show seemed rather dire at first, but near the end two titles that we've been following made an appearance. The first was Weird West, the isometric action RPG/immersive sim from Arkane Studios founder Raf Colantonio announced back in December. There's no new trailer or gameplay footage yet, but Raf did provide some new details about the game in a brief interview segment, which you can also read about at PC Gamer. The second RPG to appear was The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos, the parodic French tactical RPG that was shown at PAX East back in February. Introduced by voice actress Felicia Day, this game did have some new gameplay to show, and the publisher released a much longer version soon afterwards.

Weird West is coming in 2021, with a demo to be released "in the coming months". The Dungeons of Naheulbeuk is still scheduled for release this summer, and will also have a demo during the Steam Game Festival from June 16th to 22nd.

John Keel

Savant
Naheulbeuk trailer is aweful, what kind of morons showcase lengthy useless animations ruining the 'combat flow' in a promotional video...

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Weird West seems unique, but probably too early to tell based on the sparse amount of gameplay shown.

urmom

Learned
Raf is asked to describe Weird West... but fails to describe Weird West. Other than to say "it's top-down isometric" and "it's a lot like our other games". Thanks Raf!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I hate the term immersive sim. Both *immersion* and *simulation* are wide terms. Red Alert can be an immersive combat simulation, depending on how immersed one is.

Btw I don't think the XIII style works well here, as weird west is a subgenre of horror

Last edited:
I hate the term immersive sim. Both *immersion* and *simulation* are wide terms.r
I hate this fucking recurring whine about the term.
It's just as descriptive as any other genre. Probably better than most in fact.
It's not like terms like "RPG", "MOBA", "RTS" or "shoot'em up" are any narrower in setting expectations for what they describe.

John Keel

Savant
Naheulbeuk I would have found hilarious when I was 12.
It's been a while, but as far as my memory goes I don't remember Naheulbeuk as this edgy shit we're seeing in the trailer, IIRC it was mostly puns and somewhat dark/mature tones.

Maybe the VF will be better ? That'd be a first for sure

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's been a while, but as far as my memory goes I don't remember Naheulbeuk as this edgy shit we're seeing in the trailer, IIRC it was mostly puns and somewhat dark/mature tones.

What did you found edgy? From what I remember it's in line with the episodes, but maybe it's an artefact of the translation?

If it's the same guy who has done the episodes who's doing the VF, it will sure be better than this

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant

What did you found edgy? From what I remember it's in line with the episodes

If it's the same guy who has done the episodes who's doing the VF, it will sure be better than this

It was a single dude "acting" all the chars ?

I just remember the high pitched helium-like voices, not sure if it would fly in a video game, it was goofy AF

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

What did you found edgy? From what I remember it's in line with the episodes

It was a single dude "acting" all the chars ?

I just remember the high pitched helium-like voices, not sure if it would fly in a video game, it was goofy AF

From what I remember, yes, it was only one guy. I think they'll keep the goofy voices and writing, without it'd just be generic (D&D-derived) fantasy, but I'm not sure if it work for a full-length game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom