Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News TaleSpire rolls to Early Access

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BouncyRock Entertainment; TaleSpire

Since there's been some talk around places for things that make tabletop over the internet possible, I figured I'd let you guys know that TaleSpire has been released to Early Access. No sale for this one, but it's currently $24.99US for those who want to pick it up. Here's the stuff on it:

With Talespire, the beauty and physicality of tabletop gaming meet the endless possibilities of a digital world. Here you can collaboratively build your worlds without compromising the handcrafted aesthetic of using traditional miniatures.

As a player, you can take on the mantle of multiple heroes and creatures, manage your stats, and express yourself using the growing emote system. Perform dice rolls directly on the board and interact with your environment — at least, as far as your GM will let you!

As a GM, you can dazzle and thrill your friends by building expansive maps, setting up shots, and controlling immersive soundscapes to bring all your delightful and devious designs to life.​

I have to say that it's very pretty compared to a lot of the competition it has. Although, there's no ruleset implimentations for it so there's what some people might see as a con versus RollD20 or Fantasy Grounds.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd love to play a single-player CRPG with such aesthetics. Unfortunately it seems there are almost none.
Wartile had great visuals but they made the stupid decision of having it real-time.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Looks great, but will entirely depend on people's ability to put out worthwile modules for it. Cautiously wishlisted.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Meh. I'm fine with owlbearrodeo for maps when I have to play online. and nothing is better than play in person without this kind of gimmicks.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
This one has been in development for a long time, I almost thought it turned vaporware or got canned altogether.
Glad it's still alive, even though I don't play tabletop much.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That's what I would do if I were making it. Get people to buy the full version by making it generic fantasy, then add DLC for people who want to play a Superhero, Sci-Fi or Modern PnP.

I liked it until the construction part started but then I thought "maybe I can ignore all this" then I read further and realized it was an online game that you have to play with people, disgusting. (Still can't be worse than roll20)

I'd love to play a single-player CRPG with such aesthetics. Unfortunately it seems there are almost none.
Wartile had great visuals but they made the stupid decision of having it real-time.

You tried that The Warlock of Firetop Mountain game?

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I liked it until the construction part started but then I thought "maybe I can ignore all this" then I read further and realized it was an online game that you have to play with people, disgusting. (Still can't be worse than roll20)

You tried that The Warlock of Firetop Mountain game?
No. I had completely forgotten about that game. Thanks for reminding me.
I remember that it was the "miniature" aesthetics that caught my attention (added to the fact that I was a "Fighting Fantasy" fan when I was a kid). I'm going to try it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom