Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview PureDiablo thinks upon the Diablo 2 Resurrected Alpha

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Blizzard North; Diablo 2 Resurrected

PureDiablo has a preview of the venerable Actiony CRPG Diablo 2 Resurrected which is based on the recent alpha testing. It's a very lengthy article that covers things most others have covered, only with more detail and some anecdotes. There's also a picture of the Amazon which should give fuel to the flames on how manly it looks. Here's a snippet:

The now larger stash and shared stash system is easy enough to understand and it’s designed so it’s instantly familiar with tabbed windows. Of course they are larger now and that’s a welcome improvement. It’s not too large that it stops you having to make difficult choices. After all, this is a core element of the Diablo 2 experience.

Skill windows again are a little tidier although the positioning of the points available to spend indicator on skills is at the bottom instead of the top right. It’s a little too hidden down there and perhaps that’s something that should be moved to the top left of the skills interface as there’s space on all the trees to do so.​
The larger stash is definitely a good thing, especially when it's shared. I can't see that being something anyone would argue for in terms of gameplay mechanics or realism. I've got 10,000,000 gold and can't buy a bigger chest? Okay.

Spotted at Blue's News

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
So these fucks actually praise the UI and find nothing wrong with the game.

Opinion discarded.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
luj1 said:

Not really shocking from a fan site. They don't want to muddy the waters. I just found out that supposedly Windows 10 is required for this, which kind of irks me since my main rig is Windows 7. And I don't plan on changing that any time soon.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If it cant be played on Win7 I wouldnt be interested~ Who would install a new OS just to play your game?
I am still hoping pirated version will work on win7. But it is a really strange choice to limit it to win7 for remake of old game and it using blizzard store which works normally on win7 and other games on it work on win7

Curratum

luj1 said:

Not really shocking from a fan site. They don't want to muddy the waters. I just found out that supposedly Windows 10 is required for this, which kind of irks me since my main rig is Windows 7. And I don't plan on changing that any time soon.

Why is someone who still runs Windows 7 a moderator on a large computer gaming website?

agris

Arcane
Patron
I’m guessing the new renderer is dx12 for easy abstraction / implementation on other platforms, and ofc there’s no win7 version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom