Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #91: Beta Stage 3 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: META Publishing; Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Owlcat have decided to launch a third and final beta test for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous before the game releases in September. It seems to be a largely incremental update, featuring yet more UI improvements, more music and more voice acting. They've also continued iterating on the crusade system, adding a morale system and an "auto-crusade" option.

The UI keeps evolving!

When you launch the game, you will be able to see the new main menu! Compared to Pathfinder: Kingmaker, it became darker, to reflect the mood of the new game. And a magical mirror will now show you where you stopped before you quit the game the last time.

The crusade interface has also improved, and we’ve fixed various glitches with the UI.

Additionally, you will now get party banter when resting on the global map, and when you are back to your hub (safe location), you will be able to craft there.

More music!

Yes, we keep adding more music into the game! And even some orchestral version will be in the beta this time! To refresh your memory, you can watch this video from back when we recorded them with Baltic Symphony Orchestra.

More voice acting!

We received very positive feedback after the previous stage of beta regarding the voice acting. And we are happy that you liked it so much, because in this version we’ve added even more! Now you will hear your companion and important characters talk during the most important moments in chapters 3 and 4, including the romantic conversations.

Crusade improvements

We keep working on our crusade system. We’ve improved it visually, and added the system of morale, which will stimulate you to keep fighting demons. And for those who don’t feel like dealing with the crusade there is now an option to turn on auto-crusade! It’s new and doesn’t work as well as we plan to make it work, and we will appreciate your bug reports on it, of course!

Bug fixes.

We’ve been fixing the bugs you sent us, and we’ve fixed a lot, but not all. You can read the patch notes here to find out more. Please, if you see a bug, press Alt+B and send us a report about it! It will help us to make the game better, and Iomedae will surely bless you! The game is still in beta, so bugs will probably be something you encounter on your journey. So save often! And into different slots.
As stated, the full patch notes for the update are available here. In other news, Owlcat also announced yesterday that Wrath of the Righteous will be published by small company called META Publishing. I guess self-publishing turned out to be more of a hassle than they anticipated.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The sad thing is that with PKM there was a fairly decent spiritual successor to Neverwinter Nights buried beneath feature bloat. Owlcat had a gigantic boulder of work taken off their shoulders (imported ruleset, premade campaign) and they *still* managed to fuck it up, so in a way PKM is a bigger failure than PoE.

This will be more of the same, but with finding +5 longswords in barrels (à la HotU).

Infinitron Nigga first game had basicaly twitter romance shit
https://imgur.com/a/qEla7RQ
Give me official Owlcats Valerie!
1605731898381.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
And for those who don’t feel like dealing with the crusade there is now an option to turn on auto-crusade! It’s new and doesn’t work

:lol::lol::lol:

Here we go again

Crusade was ridiculously easy when I played it so I don't really see the issue as compared to kingdom management

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom