Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News King Arthur: Knight's Tale releasing on February 15th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: King Arthur: Knight's Tale; NeocoreGames

NeocoreGames' dark fantasy tactical RPG King Arthur: Knight's Tale was rather light on content when it went into Early Access back in January. The game has received several major updates since then, but it's clear that the developers were a bit optimistic about its final release date. It was no surprise when they announced today that Knight's Tale will be launching next year on February 15th. Along with this announcement, Neocore have released a new dev diary video, following up on a previous dev diary published in August. The rather cheerful narrator provides details about the game's combat mechanics, choice & consequence, character development, classes and more.

Looks pretty cool. Knight's Tale will also be participating in Steam's Digital Tabletop Fest event this weekend, with a panel about Arthurian myth.

Nahel

Arcane
After King Arthur 2 I will go wait and see. Had not been that disappointed since Dragon age 2

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Excited for this one, it gives significantly less red flags than Disciples:BDSM edition and Kings Bounty 2 in the advertising.

Sratopotator

Savant
Cool that they go out of their way in the trailer to say that their character system is "rpg-like" (2:23, video on top) and not "deep rpg, lol, trust me" lie usually used in similar cases.
A bow to/recognition of P&P rpgs and P&P inspired crpgs?

The newspeak irritates the hell out of me, though. Why not "rpg-inspired"?

Still, looks acceptable enuff to (cautiously) observe it further.

rojay

Scholar
Stealth Bedivere for goodness sake. Stealth Bedivere.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I'd prefer getting a "real" King Arthur-style RPG, where we play as a Knight of the Round Table doing quests, getting the Holy Grail, all that jazz, but this seems cool too. Not really the kind of thing I'd like to see from the villains side, but the actual gameplay looks promising for once.

I'd prefer getting a "real" King Arthur-style RPG, where we play as a Knight of the Round Table doing quests, getting the Holy Grail, all that jazz, but this seems cool too. Not really the kind of thing I'd like to see from the villains side, but the actual gameplay looks promising for once.
Conquests_of_Camelot_cover.jpg

It's a parser-based Sierra adventure game, but probably a better RPG than 99% of RPGs released in the last 15 years. :troll:

It's an awesome game, though. Definitely recommended. And read the manual!

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looks decent actually. It has a coherent visual style and clearly they put effort into the UI that looks like something you would expect in a medieval RPG, not just the generic Windows 10 interface you see almost everywhere these days. Cautiously optimistic.

Btw, it gives me some serious Dungeon of Naheulbeuk vibes, but in a more serious setting, and with more "RPGing". So if they don't screw it up in a major way, it could be actually good.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
It's a parser-based Sierra adventure game, but probably a better RPG than 99% of RPGs released in the last 15 years. :troll:

It's an awesome game, though. Definitely recommended. And read the manual!
Yeah, that's something I've heard about, like most great games I'm kind of reluctant to play it. No matter whether its good or bad I'm going to be disappointed; If its good, because nothing ('cept the Sierra Robin Hood game) will ever come close to matching it; If it isn't, because it had so much promise.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Nothing in the video showed brilliant tactician moves. Just the most basic stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom