Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Impromptu interview with Jagged Alliance's Ned Mansour

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tags: Jagged Alliance; Madlab Software; Mohanned Mansour; Sir-Tech

Community member MrBuzzKill managed to grab a hold of Mohanned Mansour, the man responsible for the art in Jagged Alliance 1, and asked him a few questions that Mr Mansour was apparently happy to answer.

Since this was hardly a planned "interview" (and also not organised by the Codex as a website), MrBuzzKill failed to prepare for it properly (shameful!), so the end result is relatively short and simple, but it's definitely not uninteresting. Here's a snippet from the opening:

Me: I've picked up [Jagged Alliance] for the first time recently and played it for over 10 hours already. It's very fun! Then decided to look up the people who originally made it, where they are now and what they are doing. Thanks for making a great game!

NM: Wow, thanks for sharing your experience with the game. That was my first experience creating art in games. I started on the project with two other guys, Ian Curry (programmer and director) and Shaun Lyng (writer). I took care of everything from 3d modeling to animation and user interface design. It was the most fun project I ever worked on and funny enough, it was all done remotely. We used dial-up modems to transfer data and we all worked from our own homes. We were a little ahead of the times I guess.​

Fully remote work on dial-up must have been one hell of a ride.

You can read the rest of the interview here. Kudos to MrBuzzKill for the idea, and to Ned Mansour for being a cool guy and replying to random people from the Internet in such detail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom