Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Master Creating creating again!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Jan Beuck; Master Creating

It's appears <b>Jan Beuck</b> and crewman is hard at work once again on another game.
<br>
<blockquote>Hamburg, 24.07.2006 - Action RPGers look forward to Q2 2007! Then ANACONDA,
<br>
Hamburg based adventure expert publisher, will be releasing <b>Legend: Hand of
<br>
God</b> - a new milestone in the action RPG genre. "It's addicting like Diablo,
<br>
looks nice like Prince of Persia", German games magazine PC Games describes.
<br>
<br>
<b>Legend: Hand of God</b> gives players a fantasy scenario. They will be helping a
<br>
young adept by fighting the evil - and will have to stand in loads of action
<br>
filled battles.
<br>
<br>
Unique graphic features like the cinematic combat system will make even
<br>
watching the battles fun: Enemies will be fought depending on their size -
<br>
so it can happen that Legend's hero jumps on the back of a giant troll to
<br>
finally finish him. Controlling <b>Legend: Hand of God</b> will stay as easys as
<br>
players are used to.
<br>
<br>
Many more unique features, state of the art graphics and great atmosphere
<br>
and storyline will make <b>Legend: Hand of God</b> a must have not only for fans of
<br>
Action RPGs.
<br>
<br>
<b>Legend: Hand of God</b> is being developed by Hamburg based studio <a href="http://www.master-creating.de">Master
<br>
Creating</a>. US top story writer Susan O'Connor, Hollywood lead artist Paul
<br>
Campion and creative director Andreas Adamek - one of the Gianna Sister's
<br>
creators - are also part of the team.
<br>
<br>
German players will read more on Legend: Hand of God in the upcoming issue
<br>
09/2006 of PC Games which will be available in stores from July, 26 on.
<br>
<br>
When visiting the official ANACONDA forum, players will have the chance, to
<br>
meet the developers of Master Creating for an Q&A:
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.anaconda-game.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=75">http://www.anaconda-game.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=75</a></blockquote>
<br>
That means I'll have to dig up more jpegs of David Hasselhoff!
<br>

kris

Arcane
Saint_Proverbius said:
Controlling <b>Legend: Hand of God</b> will stay as easys as players are used to.

Three difficult settings

"Very easy"
"Breeze"
"Auto win"

Araanor

Liturgist
Press Release said:
Unique graphic features like the cinematic combat system ...
Whew, they almost got me worried there, I was nearly thinking that this was anything but an unique® epic™ experience.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Saint_Proverbius said:
<b>Legend: Hand of God</b> gives players a fantasy scenario. They will be helping a
young adept by fighting the evil - and will have to stand in loads of action
filled battles.
Innovaiiiiishun!

Twinfalls said:
I've always wanted a Diego Maradona rpg.
hehehehe.

LlamaGod

Cipher
well...

master creating is just 2 dudes and they like to make graphical roguelikes.

dont be expecting Planescape:Torment 2 or anything.

expect something you usually see posted as a roguelike here, but with fancy pictures.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
They say there are currently more than 30 people working on this thing.

Curois

Novice
No, it's 2 dudes working on it, getting sexual favors from the other 28 who are specially hired for just that. Think Gunther-style.

Levski 1912

Scholar
Curois said:
No, it's 2 dudes working on it, getting sexual favors from the other 28 who are specially hired for just that. Think Gunther-style.
So they're following the Bethsoft business model?

Araanor

Liturgist
I'd say yes, but then I'd feel stupid for making a trivial post. So I'd add padding.

Curois

Novice
Levski 1912 said:
Curois said:
So they're following the Bethsoft business model?

Yes. After receiving sexualfavours in the most innovaahtuv way, they'll have to bend over for Patrick Stewart who, in return, will then deliver the most unsettling bad dialog evah for their new game.

Jan

Novice
Hi guys! It´s fun to read your comments (again). Has been a while since Restricted Area...

And after all the stupid crab I read on other boards it´s refreshing to read your slightly more intelligent crab. :)

LlamaGod

Cipher
Jan:

A quick question -

What would make me want to play this over the other 50000000 fantasy action RPGs and roguelikes?

Jan

Novice
Re

Certainly not a marketing announcement. *g*

First off (because that´s maybe most interesting to you) it´s not an RPG, it´s an Action-RPG - but with focus on both, not just on action. So however wants an RPG with less than 50% of the focus on action should buy... well, maybe an old copy of Fallout.

However, unlike most Action-RPGs (Diablo, Sacred, Titan Quest) it´ll offer dynamic dialogs and entire quests based on talking.

Also you can customize your character in an unseen way - it´s up to you if he´s a fire wizard with a tame wolf and a bow or an ice wizard with 2 axe and good negotation skill or whatever.

Most importantly we´ll try to tell a *real* story, not just give you a reason to kill monsters, and we´ll tell it with and some story telling methovs that have never been used before.

BTW: Feel free to be the first to post on the offical English board ;-)

http://www.anaconda-game.com/forum/view ... f8bd656a0e

Nedrah

Erudite
Will combat be more on the "click click click click click click *levelup* *think* click click click click click clicksuckadickclickclickclick...." or on the "click... think... click click... think... reconsider... click" side?

Also what kind of story telling are you thinking about? I can't seem to imagine any kind of story telling method that's *never* been used before in computer gaming history.

Oh, und ihr müsst ne gute Klimaanlage haben wenn ihr euch bei den Temperaturen noch zum Spielemachen motivieren könnt ;)

Jan

Novice
Well, something between... click click click *thinking* click click *think* click click click *think*

>Also what kind of story telling are you thinking >about? I can't seem to imagine any kind of story >telling method that's *never* been used before in >computer gaming history.

Well, that´s the cool thing - you don´t know it. And and may not tell you yet ;)

Komm doch mal im deutsch LEGEND Forum vorbei...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Re: Re

Jan said:
However, unlike most Action-RPGs (Diablo, Sacred, Titan Quest) it´ll offer dynamic dialogs and entire quests based on talking.

Sweet. Is there a skill dealing with talking?

Jan

Novice
Currently: No.

However, this may change as we just discussed to go away from the skill trees and back to a typical RPG-like skill list. We even started Fallout to take a look which way they did it. ;)

Ttheir are some social skills already - Negotation for example.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jan said:
We even started Fallout to take a look which way they did it. ;)
Well, in that case the game is an absolute must-buy. :P

Ttheir are some social skills already - Negotation for example.
And negotiation isn't a skill dealing with talking. Let's say I accept that instead of referring you to a dictionary. So.. it does what? Give you a trading bonus?

Jan

Novice
Re

That´s why I said "no" and "social skills". Yes, it´s a trading bonus basically.
I think the idea of a talking skill is pretty interesting, maybe we should really add one. :)

Monolith

Prophet
Re: Re

Jan said:
That´s why I said "no" and "social skills". Yes, it´s a trading bonus basically.
I think the idea of a talking skill is pretty interesting, maybe we should really add one. :)
We won't buy it if you don't. ;)

And make this one more or less bugfree please. I wanted to get Restricted Area until I heard of all the bugs - I reconsidered then and haven't bought it yet...

Jan

Novice
Re

Don´t believe the hype. ;-)

The English version is really pretty bug free as we released it 6 months after the German version. So you had 10000s of beta-testers! ;-)

Well, except for the multiplayer, it still sucks. But if you want to play alone, give it a try!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom