Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC releasing on August 11th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Treasure of the Midnight Isles

Owlcat may have announced their next game, but you may recall that they still have one more DLC left for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous this summer with another season pass on the way. As described in last year's season pass announcement, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Treasure of the Midnight Isles is a combat-focused roguelike mode DLC set in the abyssal isles around Alushinyrra. Like the similar Beneath the Stolen Lands DLC for Pathfinder: Kingmaker, it will be accessible both from the main campaign and as a standalone game mode. Treasure of the Midnight Isles will be launching on August 11th. Unlike the previous two DLCs for Wrath of the Righteous, Owlcat put together a brief teaser trailer for this announcement, which I'll post here along with their press release.

Cyprus, Nicosia 14 July 2022: Owlcat Games and Prime Matter are pleased to announce that the multi award-winning, critically-acclaimed Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is coming to consoles on 29 September 2022.

The epic RPG will be available on both physical and digital formats for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X / S via backward compatibility); as well as Nintendo Switch via the Cloud.
The Enhanced Edition of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will become the standard version for the console release, and also will be available for all PC owners of the game on 29 September for free.

The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC
In addition to the eagerly-anticipated console announcement, Owlcat Games also confirmed that The Treasure of the Midnight Isles—the third premium DLC for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous—will launch 11 August 2022. The islands—scattered across the dark abyssal ocean—hide treasures untold (and horrors unspeakable). Board the grim cursed ship and venture into the unknown to find your fortune… or demise.
  • Explore the vast archipelago full of treasures and dangers in a stand-alone rogue-like mode, or as a part of the main campaign
  • Try out different builds and party compositions, taking advantage of the enormous variety of the Pathfinder role-playing system – including the mythic paths
  • Death is just a setback! If a party perishes, its progress can still help you in subsequent playthroughs
  • Equip new magic weapons, put new magic potions and scrolls on your belt, and challenge both old and new enemies
  • Discover the secret of the ship that takes you on your journeys – and the truth about the ultimate treasure you're seeking
Prepare for your trip to the Midnight Isles with a 50% discount for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous in the Epic Games Store Summer Sale. Also, the Mythic Edition and Commander Edition are available at a 45% discount. The Epic Games Store Summer Sale starts today and ends 28 July 2022.

As stated, Owlcat are also putting together an Enhanced Edition of Wrath of the Righteous for consoles, which will be available on PC as a free update. I guess they'll have to come up with a name for the inevitable even more enhanced edition after the second season pass is done.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
When I hear the word Season Pass I run the other way and don't look back until it goes away. I mean I might be older than you I am 37 in two days. I will wait for the SP stuff to disappear before I buy this game on sale in a year or two. That is the way.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Wish I was 37 again, 10 years makes a difference. This bullshit that age 50 is the new 20 is crap. Maybe if you're rich and have excellent genetics and know the best of the best "anti-aging" techniques, supplements, foods, etc; then maybe it is great.

So, uh... how many DLCs for WOTR is this now?

Shin

Cipher
Bleh, I wish I was 50 again. You'll be saying 50 is the new 20 once *you* try flirting with a nurse while she's changing your diaper.

But yeah, WOTR... uhh, it's a thing.

Sacibengala

Prophet
I wish I'd be alive again, the forever death is too much cold, but the judgement day is coming, and no more season pass will ever be.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I think i bought the huge pre-release of this. Lessee...
Yeah, I have pre-order DLC, season pass, and mythic edition. Yet, it sits in the vault.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It is remarkable to go back and play CotW Kingmaker and all the crazy shit it does with all the added classes and abilities that actually, you know, work. Meanwhile OC with their millions can’t even manage basic functionality on several simple base classes and Crusade combat.

Stunning failure of management. The woke are at war with simple competence.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is remarkable to go back and play CotW Kingmaker and all the crazy shit it does with all the added classes and abilities that actually, you know, work. Meanwhile OC with their millions can’t even manage basic functionality on several simple base classes and Crusade combat.

what is CotW?

Stoned Ape

Savant

what is CotW?
Call of the Wild

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/112

ArchAngel

Arcane

what is CotW?
Call of the Wild

Seems interesting but pointless since it seems to do nothing for enemies. What is the point in giving more tools to players in a game where enemy AI is braindead.
This is why I enjoy WoTR combat more, enemy AI (especially casters) can actually fuck you up.

Stoned Ape

Savant

what is CotW?
Call of the Wild

Seems interesting but pointless since it seems to do nothing for enemies. What is the point in giving more tools to players in a game where enemy AI is braindead.
This is why I enjoy WoTR combat more, enemy AI (especially casters) can actually fuck you up.
It does stop some of the cheesier stuff a player can do, for example Paladin and Monk only give their save/ac bonus up to class level.

Overall, I agree though; WoTR combat and character building is superior to that in Kingmaker.

Desiderius

Patron

what is CotW?
Call of the Wild

CotW additions have all the usual trade-offs. Tacking on a Mythic layer makes Wrath even more ridiculous once you figure out what you're doing. And pre-buffing is hardly better AI. Most of that was more of the same vaporware.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
It’s extraordinarily well-executed. Holic is a genius. You are pretty much priced in to playing turn-based tho to manage all the Moves and Swifts.

But everything works, with all kinds of added functionality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom