Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News NWN2: Munchkin Edition - must see to believe!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment

<a href=http://www.gamestop.com>GameStop</a> has unveiled <a href=http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=646631>NWN2 Limited Edition</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>- A powerful new feat called Blessed of Waukeen, which will generate +1 bonus to all saving throws,
<br>
- Two special items
<br>
- Access to a unique weapon
<br>
- <b><font size=4>A magical golden aura which lights above your character</font></b>
<br>
- Cloth map showing in-game locations
<br>
- Book of art, depicting characters and scenes from the game
<br>
- Two silver antique rings: Good & Evil </blockquote>I'm speechless.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

gromit

Arcane
- Two silver antique rings: Good & Evil
Yeah, there's some stupid "my character is teh ub3r" stuff in there, but these don't seem bad at all, especially that art book. I've always loved their concept artists, from BI to OE... I wonder how many pages it is / dimensions.

Rina

Scholar
Someone please tell me that the aura thing is a joke...

whatusername

Scholar
Nope it's not.

* Limited Edition Content:
- A powerful new feat called Blessed of Waukeen, which will generate +1 bonus to all saving throws,
- Two special items
- Access to a unique weapon
- A magical golden aura which lights above your character
- Two silver antique rings: Good & Evil

Halenthal

Liturgist
The map, the rings and the book are excellent additions and a reason to buy a limited edition version.

However, the other extras make me want to puke, so it's not happening in my house.

Surgey

Scholar
Yeah, the stuff besides the map and rings actually makes them worth LESS, if that's even possible. More is less in this case...

DemonKing

Arcane
Halenthal said:
The map, the rings and the book are excellent additions and a reason to buy a limited edition version.

Umm...the rings seem the most worthless thing to me (well apart from the magical glowing aura, of course). What the hell do you want those for?

A couple of comments:

* Blessed of Waukeen sounds just like the standard FR feat "Luck of Heroes". Also isn't Waukeen the god of merchants? Doesn't exactly sound appropriate to me.

* Cloth maps - why do people love these so much? Everytime I see one I feel the strange urge to blow my nose in them.

* I don't mind the in-game extras although I must admit they can be a bit hit and miss balance-wise (eg the extra stuff you could get in BG2 CE which included a shield that effectively rendered beholders useless).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
wallace said:
<blockquote>
- Two silver antique rings: Good & Evil </blockquote>

Yeah, there's some stupid "my character is teh ub3r" stuff in there, but these don't seem bad at all, especially the art book. I've always loved their concept artists, from BI to OE... I wonder how many pages it is / dimensions.
Uh, let's see. The difference between the Limited Edition and a regular copy is 10 bucks. So, 10 bucks buy you a cloth map, an art book, and two silver (!) rings. Quite a bargain. I can't wait to see some pictures.

Gambler

Augur
Let me guess. Regular copy comes on 6 cds while limited edition comes on 1 convenient DVD.

Vival

Augur
Sounds more like a punishment to me. It's already hard enough to endure the uninspired magic spells accompanied by uninspired particle effects in many fantasy crpgs. I fucking hate it when my character glows like a christmas tree after casting buffing spells. I'm sure some shitty halo from the start to the end would give me a stroke or something.

Bradylama

Arcane
Does that thing even serve a function or what? Is it supposed to be like a permanent light spell? If you're evil, does it turn red? :roll:

psycojester

Arbiter
I just love that when you buy the collector edition your blessed by the god of capitalism and merchanidise

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"A powerful new feat called Blessed of Waukeen, which will generate +1 bonus to all saving throws,"

L0LLERS! I love the way they throw the word 'powerful' in there to entice the powergamers. As mentioned above, NWN1 had a feat that does the exact same thing. I woudl call it a useful feat; but powerful? L0LLERS!

"Where the crap is the soundtrack?"

That would be the number one thing I'd want for sure.

P.S. Can we knock it off with the NWN2 spamming threads? r00FLES!

P.S.S. Of course, me asking that will likely lead to even more NWN2 threads in some silly attempt to 'tick me off' or 'annoy'... but, the secret is, I never get sick disucssing NWN related stuff.

R00flers!!

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
Has anyone found out if we can play whack-a-barrel the loot lotto in NWN2?

I loved running around whacking barrels and crates to find the killer loot drops... after a hundred hours of that my eyes were bleeding and I had to be restrained via a straight jacket. Ah, good fun that is!

Edit: On a serious note... has anyone noticed the much slower (or what appears to be anyway in the latest videos) combat with noticeable turn-based pauses between swings by both the player-character and his targets?

I haven't really followed this much at all. I became semi interested in the development after watching a few videos a month or so back but it still seems too much like the original to me. Though the less blocky look to the levels is a huge plus I doubt I will buy it until I am able to try a demo.

My guess is there will not be a demo since there is such a huge NWN community.

One thing that struck me as strange... I read in an interview the tool-set will not be ready and will not ship with the game. Yet the advertisement on GameStop makes you believe it will be on the disc.

Voss

Erudite
Gambler said:
Let me guess. Regular copy comes on 6 cds while limited edition comes on 1 convenient DVD.

Nah, for the special edition, they throw in an extra CD with the 'bonus content' (a program unlocks they shit they randomly decided to hide from the people who bought the basic version)

The industry stills seems to be stuck in 'gamers don't want one convenient DVD mode' besides, no one buys PC games anymore anyway.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Maybe the took a page from MMOs (or at least Guildwars, the only MMO i have first hand experience with), and this is the sort of thing designed for online play to show off the fact you paid $10 more then those other players. Anyways, it does seem like a stupid edition, but it is an editio and therefore the sales people are going to put it into a sales pitch. Personally, I've never bought a limited or collector's edition. I don't see that changing for NWN. I'm a gamer, not a collector.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
Where the crap is the soundtrack? Bloody losers.

Not having the soundtrack in the limited edition copy is a good thing, trust me. Why? Two Words, Jeremy Souleless.

You can check out some of the music in the videos on gamespot. Jeremy has really outdone himself again. The music is some of his most uninspired and forgetable to date.

Voss

Erudite
IWD 2 and BG2 had the same thing. A CE with an extra disc that flipped a couple flags for you.

Lame and stupid since someone on the net would tell people how to do it themselves within 24 hours.

Direwolf

Arcane
I understand when the include extra physical stuff (maps, t-shirts, models etc.) in limited edition version, but when it is only several extra software thingies it is pretty retarded. The stuff will be on the net within 10 minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom